Mothers Day Breakfast / Brunch

3,689 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Costa and Andreas
monti189
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know of any places serving Mothers Day Breakfast/Brunch?
armymom
Use to go to Buppy's but saw that they weren't doing it this year.
michellecan
Try the Hilton
Costa and Andreas
We have breakfast/brunch at Cafe Eccell every Sunday
KidDoc
AG
My goto in town is Eccel. World of Beer actually has a decent brunch as well but most moms would probably prefer Eccel and their mimosa bar!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Wicked Good Ag
We like Cafe Excell but were disappointed in the loss of the scrambler bar from the recent menu.

Otherwise we make it one in our rotation along with Rx Pizza, Maddens for a brunch
ksp
RX pizza has a brunch ?
bushytailed
AG
ksp said:

RX pizza has a brunch ?

Yes. Yes they do!
Costa and Andreas
We too were sorry to see the scrambler bar go. It's a decision we made begrudgingly.

When we conceived the scrambled bar concept we had high hopes, and there was some interest. However, it did not perform at the level we needed it to so be sustainable.

Bottom line, it was a necessary business decision to stop as it was not paying for itself.

We would be willing going forward to offer it to large parties that would want to book it, as well the pasta bar.
Wicked Good Ag
Understand the business decision. Just personally sad to see it go.
Love your strawberry tart Tuesday price. Need to make each day a discount. I need an Amaretto Mouse Bombe day
FlyRod
Christopher's and Madden's both will have Mother's Day brunches, if you're looking for something nice.
Costa and Andreas
Thank you so much!!

There's so much labor embedded into the strawberry tart.

Almond lace cookie dough made from scratch
Each shell individually baked and hand formed
Each shell drizzled with Belgian chocolate by hand
Fresh made pastry cream, hand filled
Fresh strawberries, brushed with apricot glaze

We were so excited when we opened the new Cafe Eccell to give back to our valued clientele by offering the strawberry tart one day a week at a huge discount.

One of our pastry chefs works 40 hours a week just making the shells!!
meezermom
Any chance of white chocolate bread pudding ever appearing on the menu again at Cafe Eccell? Unfortunately, allergic to strawberries so I can't enjoy those amazing-looking tarts, but that bread pudding was the best thing you guys ever made, IMO. I'd love to have about a million more!
Costa and Andreas
Of course!! It rears its head periodically on our bread pudding of the week. I can certainly advise our pastry chef Leticia to run it as the BPOW whenever you want me to!
info@eccellgroup.com
biobioprof
meezermom said:

Any chance of white chocolate bread pudding ever appearing on the menu again at Cafe Eccell? Unfortunately, allergic to strawberries so I can't enjoy those amazing-looking tarts, but that bread pudding was the best thing you guys ever made, IMO. I'd love to have about a million more!
They make versions that are not strawberry.

http://cafeeccellbryantx.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Drinks-Desserts.pdf

Grilled peach
Blueberry and caramelized banana

My problem is lactose intolerance for the pastry cream.

Suggestion for Costa and Andreas: I can eat some of the desserts if I remember my lactaid tablets, but they're often in my briefcase in the trunk of the car in the parking lot or somewhere else that's inconvenient when the waitstaff appears with the dessert menu. So if restaurants kept some of those on hand and let customers know about it, you might sell more desserts.

Lactose-free options in general are appreciated. Some level of lactose intolerance is found in more than half of adults, which is way more than the frequency of gluten intolerance.
halibut sinclair
You're actually suggesting that a restaurant keep medication on hand because it's inconvenient for you to go to your car? Now I've heard it all.
TalkNerdy2Me
AG
Since this has become an ask Costa and Andrea thread, I'll pile on:

Is Mighty Slice a place I can take a couple of teenagers? We might try it out this summer if it's a welcoming and appropriate place to bring teens during daytime hours.
biobioprof
halibut sinclair said:

You're actually suggesting that a restaurant keep medication on hand because it's inconvenient for you to go to your car? Now I've heard it all.
I'm pointing out a market opportunity. Maybe it wouldn't increase sales. Maybe it would. They're free to ignore it. But if >60% of the adult population has issues with lactose, seems to me it might work. Because the most convenient thing for me is to skip dessert. And there have been times when I've remembered the tablets where someone else at the table asks if I can give them one.

Wasn't there a time when restaurants only had sugar on the tables instead of sugar and sugar substitutes?

And I don't even think of any of those as a medication.
FlyRod
The Village is having a Mother's Day brunch as well. Plenty of options abound here.
halibut sinclair
Ridiculous. "Sir, could I interest you in a refreshing lactaid before dessert?"
Costa and Andreas
Mighty Slice is appropriate for all ages before 9-10.

Please keep in mind we open at 4pm tues-thurs and at noon Friday-Sunday.
meezermom
I'm totally late to this conversation -- what is Mighty Slice? I have two little ones who are always looking for summer adventures...
Costa and Andreas
Mighty Slice is our giant pizza slice concept located within The Backyard on Northgate
Rex Racer
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Ridiculous. "Sir, could I interest you in a refreshing lactaid before dessert?"
They should have individually wrapped Lactaid mixed in with the mints!
nought
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

Mighty Slice is our giant pizza slice concept located within The Backyard on Northgate
What is "The Backyard" on Northgate?

Advertising must not be working well since a lot of us don't seem to be aware of this place.
ksp
nought said:

Costa and Andreas said:

Advertising must not be working well since a lot of us don't seem to be aware of this place.
It is a awesome bar in NG
DBSwooper
nought said:

Costa and Andreas said:

The old Fitzwilly's.
Costa and Andreas
It's true. We don't advertise at all except for social media occasionally.

We've been open for 4 years and have been blessed with outstanding business since day 1. It has truly exceeded expectations. We are very thankful to this community and our regular clientele!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.