MyBCS FF.

25,568 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DuckDown2013
AboveAndBeyond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You tried to grab a TE for your playoff run
AggieAces06
AG
Gotta give me credit for trying.
AboveAndBeyond
No sooner do I NOT accept it, Kelly goes to IR
AboveAndBeyond
And Thompson to IR........
AggieAces06
AG
I know. Luckily he got me a touchdown before he ent down.

My playoffs aren't looking so hot.
fcag
AG
I went from projected to win by about 30, to projected to lose by around 50, to projected to win by maybe 20, to Dak putting up a -2. I wish I hadn't been watching the live updates at all yesterday. I'm on the verge of dropping out of that 4th playoff spot, though I may have already fallen out.
AggieAces06
AG
I don't like playing with Maroon anymore.
eloc62
I have heard recently listening to the fantasy football channel on satellite radio that most 12 team leagues put 6 teams into the playoffs with the top 2 teams receiving a first round bye. I know it's too late for this year, but would anyone be opposed or in favor to this idea for next year?
DuckDown2013
AG
eloc62 said:

I have heard recently listening to the fantasy football channel on satellite radio that most 12 team leagues put 6 teams into the playoffs with the top 2 teams receiving a first round bye. I know it's too late for this year, but would anyone be opposed or in favor to this idea for next year?

Depends if I'm in or out of the top 4...

Id say we could vote on it? My vote would be no. In my opinion, Allowing 1/2 the teams in the league to make playoffs just provides a greater chance for the best teams to lose by a freak week. I would be okay if we did 2 week playoff matchups, but that shortens the regular season.
fcag
AG
Looks like the top three spots are locked up for the playoffs, and the final playoff spot is up for grabs between four different teams, none of which play each other this final week.

Teams that have locked a playoff spot:
Hawkins Sawyer (9-3)
Aces Are Wild (8-4)
Discount Belichick (7-4-1)

Teams fighting for the last playoff spot, all sitting at 6-6 (Tie-breaker is total Points For)
No Clue (PF 1251) playing against Texas Norris' (5-6-1)
Cole Miners (PF 1215.5) playing against Aces Are Wild (8-4)
WarDamn Eagle (PF 1199.5) playing against Discount Belichick (7-4-1)
Team Meyer (PF 1139) playing against No Romo (5-7)

It's going to be a nail biter.
DuckDown2013
AG
looking forward to see how it all plays out!
AggieAces06
AG
I don't think I've ever been a lock for playoffs before. Only made them once before and lost in both games.

The hubby says I have to win some money this year or I can't play next year. Ha!
AboveAndBeyond
No Romo went out with a BANG!! As did I, chipping at the #1, haha!

As for the playoffs. I think I'd be ok with 6 teams seeing as our spread always stays so tight. It's totally up to the next GM though......

Now that we made it this far, I'll start collecting what I don't have. I like to wait that way I don't collect from people I owe money to. Now instead of paying the full amount, I just pay you that minus your 100. With this being said, I've decided to eat the new girls entry. She had some personal problems starting with draft day and I never really heard much from her. Not entirely her fault, I'm sure she's just busy but it's not fair to y'all. So for the few that do owe, I'll get with you soon.

Great season guys, had fun actually losing......
AboveAndBeyond
Dang it, No Romo. This was exactly what I meant. Haha! You owe at max 80, not 100.
Post removed:
by user
LastHamlet
AG
AboveAndBeyond said:

Dang it, No Romo. This was exactly what I meant. Haha! You owe at max 80, not 100.

Oops forgot about high point.
fcag
AG
Did we reward high points each week this year? I honestly can't remember.
AboveAndBeyond
Ya. Same $20/week. I need to look at them. Only ones I know were mine and No Romo.
fcag
AG
Nice. Pretty sure I got week 5.
Post removed:
by user
AggieAces06
AG
Good thing I was locked for the playoffs. I have a feeling I just got screwed in the standings though...
fcag
AG
Even if you had won, Hawkins had the tie breaker of total point. So the only thing that happened is you got the 3rd seed instead of the 2nd seed, which doesn't change the actual matchups for this coming week.
AggieAces06
AG
Thanks for clarification! I hadn't looked at the bracket lately and just didn't want to be up against Hawkins in the first round.
AboveAndBeyond
It DOES give him home field advantage though.
DuckDown2013
AG
Ooo I didn't realize there was a high point bonus. I think I got that a time or two
eloc62
OK, my final rant of the year. We should put 6 teams into the playoffs like most 12 team fantasy football teams do, but even more egregious is why does the #5 seeded team in the consolation bracket have to play #6 in the first round? #5 should play #12 seed, #6 should play # 11 etc..., like the #1 seed plays #4. why is this? not that I really care about how I finish as #5 team in that loser bracket, but that needs to be changed.
DuckDown2013
AG
Just a follow-up to say 4 High-score weeks for me

What do you get per week?
AboveAndBeyond
$20 a pop, Duck
AggieAces06
AG
I hate this freaking game.

Went into tonight up by 40 and projected to win by 10, leave needing 16 points from a kicker tomorrow to win.

I've now lost my second QB. So many injuries this year. UGH!
fcag
AG
Right there with you Aces. I was going to start Dak instead of McCown, but talked myself out of it. Was sick to my stomach about that 37 point swing all night. Thankfully when I woke up today, I saw that Bell went nuts last night and basically made my not starting Dak irrelevant.
AboveAndBeyond
At least your defense worked out

Does anyone remember if we paid playoff high scores? I've got the breakdown of 1-13, by the way #1 can't play with us anymore haha.
fcag
AG
We did not do high score in the playoffs.
AboveAndBeyond
Didn't think so. Thanks!
DuckDown2013
AG
AboveAndBeyond said:

At least your defense worked out

Does anyone remember if we paid playoff high scores? I've got the breakdown of 1-13, by the way #1 can't play with us anymore haha.
Woah! shots fired! Just a lucky season!
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.