Sprouts?

1,713 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FlyRod
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do any restaurants still serve sprouts? Do the grocery stores even carry them?? I hated them as a kid but had started enjoying them before they seemed to disappear. Used to get them at Jimmy John's, Jason's, etc.
beefly95
Sprouts seem to carry high risk of food borne illness, so I think some restaurants don't want that risk. You can buy them in clear boxes at H-E-B and Brazos Natiral Foods, Farm Patch.
AggiePhil
AG
Cool, thank you! I'm willing to take the risk. People have eaten them for many years.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
You can make your own with little more than a mason jar and save heaps of money.
momlaw
AG
Lids for sprouting jars.

Really easy. One of my daily emails regarding nutrition and health pushes broccoli sprouts as being super dooper beneficial.
justalocal
The wild bill Turk sandwich at mollys downtown has sprouts on it.
FlyRod
Grub Burger puts them on things. I wish they wouldn't.
MasterOfNone
I am fairly certain that Farm Patch carries them.
musicforall
Definitely grow your own. Radish sprouts are quick and delicious. Have not seen alfalfa seeds for sale in a while. Broccoli is supposed to be very good for you. If you have 2-3 jars going at once, you will never run out. But you have to stay diligent about changing the water for sprouts, gets scummy fast. Easy to get sick from store bought for that reason, I guess. There was a big problem with people getting food poisoning, and the stores stopped carrying them.
biobioprof
FlyRod said:

Grub Burger puts them on things. I wish they wouldn't.
"Hold the sprouts" isn't an option?
FlyRod
It should be. They often forget.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.