KOR feedback

1 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SECeded
enchanted
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Checking out local private schools. Any feedback about this one is appreciated. Like the class times and small size. TIA
lck04
AG
I have no experience there yet other than tour and open house.

My son starts kindergarten there in the fall.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
We've had our kid in there for 2 years. Its good. If our somewhat developmentally challenged 2nd kid can get caught up by K we'll put him in as well.

Class times are great because it really allows you to either A) get school home work or projects knocked out before it gets late into the evening or B) allows you to put em in activities without it getting to be too much or C) a combination of both A & B.

Class sizes are very small so each child gets lots of attention.

A&M Consol's Valedictorian from a few yrs ago did KOR through middle school I believe and from my own personal perspective laying a foundation like that of KOR or any good private school and then transitioning to public school in Jr High or High School is a very good formula. (Again just my opinion).
ChampsAg
Our son is in kindergarten now and loves it. Sad that his teacher is leaving but then again so are we. At least one opportunity a month to join the class in a party or project

Hear that some of the upper grades don't necessarily teach same beliefs as lower grades.

They expect volunteers to help with tasks throughout the year. We assembled tables before the school year started.
I-Haul
AG
Nm
SECeded
Our kids attended there for several years until they asked us if we would let them attend public high school (mostly due to larger classes and getting to know more kids). Our kids were very well prepared academically at KOR to compete favorably with the top kids in local public schools. We would have been happy to have our kids stay there for high school. I think it's a great value for a private school.

It is particularly tough academically at the upper grades. If you/kids are not prepared for the discipline/focus that the out of class work demands it will be an adjustment. Once your kids start taking dual credit classes in high school you'll be happy for the demands placed on your kids earlier at KOR. We would do it again without hesitation.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.