Need a good car inspection place in BCS area

4,655 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by txyaloo
JuliusCaesarAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One that's a honk your horn you passed kind of place
texasaggie2015
AG
Quicker sticker
Darth Football
Is Quicker Sticker the one behind Sevciks? Without getting into specifics they failed me on something that came straight from either the factory or a reputable Honda Dealership in Houston. Then they offered to "fix it for me" at a cost.

I declined, took it to a place on HWY 21 by Harvey Mitchell and they passed the vehicle no questions asked. (The car was less than 3 yrs old) and in excellent condition.
txyaloo
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Quicker sticker
Not anymore.
woodometer
AG
You might try the Mobil One Oil Change place on William Joel Bryan next to Dominos Pizza. I had mine done there and rolled through pretty fast.
texasaggie2015
AG
Really? What happened? It's been a couple years since I've been there.
patrick.redmill
Man, I've brought absolute heaps into Quicker Sticker; they always got a quick pass. I have always assumed their business model was to do a half-hearted, 3 min, inspection, pass you, collect your $8, then on to the next person.

Not sure that is what the OP is looking for, but the notion of Quicker Sticker flunking cars specifically for their gain is a new one to me.
Kate Beckett
AG
Happened to me...said one of my fluid levels was too low even though I had just filled everything up the weekend before and I have no leaks. Said they could fix it for me for 13 bucks.
dubi
AG
Kate Beckett said:

Happened to me...said one of my fluid levels was too low even though I had just filled everything up the weekend before and I have no leaks. Said they could fix it for me for 13 bucks.

They pulled the same scam on me.

Females need not bring a vehicle there.
InMyOpinion
Kate Beckett said:

Did they show you which fluid was low?
Kate Beckett
AG
No. But it was brake fluid. Said it was too low. When it fact it was slightly below maximum but way above the needed amount. I told them thanks but no thanks and popped the hood and saw it was good. Took to different place and passed immediately.
KidDoc
AG
I've used quicker sticker last 2 years behind Sevcik's and no issues.

Well except they are closed the third Saturday of the month, that was annoying last inspection.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I'd avoid Quicker Sticker by the CSTAT Post Office. I've had 2 newish vehicles both "fail" for very stupid ish that the cars came with and them try and upsell me into fixes.
91_Aggie
AG
Quicker Sticker is always good with me, but I do see them "fail" women who bring in their car.
dave99ag
AG
No issues with Quicker Sticker on my recent inspection. In and out in a few minutes. Probably depends on the crew working that day. I BS'd with the guy at the counter while another did the inspection.
TSJ
AG
I think they had a reputation of allowing anything through, but that's not the case currently. I think it also depends on the vehicle. I have a loud lowered sports car and quicker sticker goes over it like crazy. They crawled under it to make sure it has a catalytic converter, etc. I ended up having to get a muffler added to the car to make it pass, but it was a straight pipe.

I would look elsewhere.
InMyOpinion
Kate Beckett said:

No. But it was brake fluid. Said it was too low. When it fact it was slightly below maximum but way above the needed amount. I told them thanks but no thanks and popped the hood and saw it was good. Took to different place and passed immediately.

Not discounting your experience cause I have heard of multiple inspection places around town that will fail women on purpose if they think they can get away with it. If you popped the hood and it was good, why didn't you call them on it?

I almost always take our cars to get inspected, but on a rare occasion that my wife does I have told her to take a picture of anything they say failed that she doesn't agree with.

It's hard to argue with a picture showing fluid above the "min" line. If they still insist then I would talk to the owner showing him the picture.

For the record - Ive used them for 2-3 vehicles for 20+ years and never had a problem.
Kate Beckett
AG
The guy was a real smartass so I didn't feel like arguing that day. I checked it in the Walmart parking lot after I left to confirm my suspicions bc I knew I wasn't crazy.
pacecar02
I have had great luck with quicker sticker.....and I tip
lck04
AG
I'm a woman and I've never had a single issue with Quicker Sticker. I pay my $7 and tip and I've driven an aged vehicle in the past.

I was there last week, didn't even pull in the bay and they ran to meet me. One guy drove, one verified insurance and printed verification, and another took my $7. I was finished in less than 5 minutes.
biobioprof
I just get my inspection done at Pilgers on University. I don't know if they're soft or tough because I always pass, but while my car is ~10 years old, it's not in bad shape.

I like the people there and I like being able to walk to Fuego or the mall with Best Buy while I wait.
4lilmonkeys
We've started taking our cars to Jody Satsky at Inspections Plus Automotive (HWY 21) recently. They've done our inspections for the last two years and minor work on my husband's vehicle a couple of time. Never had anything but great service.

*disclaimer: I do work for his wife, but that has no bearing on this "review."
KidDoc
AG
You are supposed to tip? I had no idea! Now I feel like a jerk.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
lck04
AG
KidDoc said:

You are supposed to tip? I had no idea! Now I feel like a jerk.

I don't know if you're supposed to, but since I usually pay with a $10 I just put the $3 in the jar and call it a day.

They've always been fast and efficient enough to earn it.
txyaloo
AG
dubi said:

Kate Beckett said:

They pulled the same scam on me.

Females need not bring a vehicle there.
I know several guys who aren't "car guys" who have had the same problems.

In the last year I've heard about Quicker Sticker charging to top off fluids that weren't below the manufacturer's low mark, wiper blade replacements, and an upsell (with veiled threat of not passing the inspection) for headlight refinishing
dubi
AG
My Tundra brake fluid was partway between min and max and they told me it had to be at the max.

I raised all holy hell upon them that I knew better and they were just trying to scam women.

linky

BQ_90
AG
JuliusCaesarAggie said:

One that's a honk your horn you passed kind of place
you post doesn't match your title.
BQ_90
AG
just tell them when you drop off that you're not buying any fluids or anything else from them and you just want an inspection.
Lone Stranger
Over the last 5 or so years the Automotive board has had some doozy threads on Quicker Sticker. Depending on who works there that day the main issues that keep popping up appear to be:

-Threatening to fail because the brake fluid is not at max (and still well above min). They will try to push the argument here unless you specifically tell them they are full of it and the regs when properly interpreted say otherwise.

-Fogged headlights. A very subjective call on how much is too much. I've started using the plastic lense refinish liquid and the buffer before I take a vehicle in there so they don't call mine on it.

Other issues people complain a lot about but actually are covered in the rules for inspection:

Wiper blades.......pretty easy to see/feel blades that need replaced. I've tried their blades several times and they seem to squeak like crazy compared to the Walmart, NAPA or O'Reilly brands.

Rear license plate bulbs......People forget to look at these before taking the vehicle in. Most LEO's aren't going to stop you for having one of your two license plate lights out so unless you check before you go in you aren't going to realize this.

UglyScientist
I've always used Quicker Sticker without issue, until this year. I went in and they gave me the brake fluid line. Said it was low but they could fill it so I could pass and it would only be $4. Thought it was a little odd because I had just had my car serviced about a month prior, but I told them ok sure because I am a woman and what do I know.

Earlier this month my boss (a man) had the same brake fluid issue when he went there for his inspection and said that the woman ahead of him was told her headlights were too foggy. Definitely not going back there.
Oogway
This is interesting. I use them every year, multiple cars and have never had an issue. Friendly and fast and I am out the door.
Zaiquiri
AG
I use acme glass in downtown Bryan or the mobile oil change place on William Joel near the post office. Acme is quick and easy. Mobile oil change tops off my fluids for free. Both are great in my opinion.

In college, I used to visit quicker sticker near walmart because I needed the honk and pass type of inspection. I got tired of them always trying to sell me stuff at every inspection so I stay away and recommend others to take their business elsewhere.
halibut sinclair
I've been going to the Quicker Sticker on Briarcrest in Bryan for many years and never had an issue. My wife has also gone there alone and had no problems.
Brewmaster
AG
I go to the Lube place on Rock Prairie next to the gas station (on the hwy 6 feeder) and have never had a problem (it was recommended by a few people on here). My 92 Infiniti (with plenty of custom work) has passed both times now.
InMyOpinion
I guess we just need to end vehicle inspections. SB 1588 has been proposed and I would have no problem with it. I think 34-35 states currently don't require annual inspections. I highly doubt vehicle inspections make that big of a difference. I would bet that the worst vehicles never get inspected anyway.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.