Wellborn Rd. & George Bush Dr. intersection construction survey

3,388 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PS3D
TXCityGirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just heard about this survey regarding the construction of the intersection that impacts many of us daily.
Be sure to provide your input here https://www.bwx-bcs.org/.
Stupe
S
I'm not sure how much weight it will hold, but I took it.
Stupe
S
I would have zero issues with them shutting that intersection down for six months, working 24/7, and getting it done in a year.
AgFan1999
AG
Do you happen to remember how long the West Campus underpass took, Stupe?
Stupe
S
Seems like that took around 2 years start to finish.
Stupe
S
The reason that I mentioned that time frame regarding the new one is that it was an option on the survey.
Rex Racer
AG
Stupe said:

I would have zero issues with them shutting that intersection down for six months, working 24/7, and getting it done in a year.
I'm with you. Rip off the band-aid.

But then, I only drive through that intersection about twice a year, and I can avoid it easily.
Look Out Below
AG
I drive through it daily and work painfully close to it and I agree: shut it down and get the job done as fast as you can. I'd rather deal with one year of hell than five years of borderline hell and annoyance.
Tailgate88
AG
No way they can finish the monorail in only 6 months.
Scotch
AG
I took the survey, I chose the plan that would have had LoTrack in place 25 years ago. Thanks short-sighted College Station voters...

Time to pay up now.
DontBeTriggered
Any word on when construction will be and what the final design looks like?
doubledog
http://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-info/bry/planvw.pdf
AggieBarstool
MonkIsMyHero said:

Any word on when construction will be and what the final design looks like?

It's my understanding that money slotted for this went to Harvey relief efforts, so the start date has been pushed back... significantly.
MB19
AG
Scotch said:

I took the survey, I chose the plan that would have had LoTrack in place 25 years ago. Thanks short-sighted College Station voters...

Time to pay up now.
More like 33 years ago......
The Original AG 76
AG
MB19 said:

Scotch said:

Time to pay up now.
LoTrack ?? was that the plan to move the track to out near the river ? why would anyone vote against that other than a few landowners out there ?
Expert Analysis
AG
This wasnt supposed to start for a few more years. it is not being started until 2818 gets expanded betwern university and welborn, and that project isnt starting until university/2818 interchange is done which will be about a year from now.
MB19
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

MB19 said:

Scotch said:

Time to pay up now.
LoTrack ?? was that the plan to move the track to out near the river ? why would anyone vote against that other than a few landowners out there ?
That was a different plan that was put forth.
The Original AG 76
AG
MB19 said:

The Original AG 76 said:

MB19 said:

Scotch said:

Time to pay up now.
ok..what was LoTrack ?
woodiewood1
Moving the tracks out to the river was discussed by the RR, the two cities and the county at least as far back as the mid-1970s.
MB19
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

MB19 said:

The Original AG 76 said:

MB19 said:

Scotch said:

Time to pay up now.
ok..what was LoTrack ?
If I recall this correctly the idea was to literally re-do the tracks in the same spot but below road level. The theory being it would be less costly to re-do the tracks instead of building overpasses/underpasses at intersections. It's been years since it was kicked around and obviously never happened.
PS3D
I have some documentation on it but if I recall Wellborn Road would've been redone to be a divided road with the railroad in the depressed median. Kind of Mopac Expressway in Austin, I suppose, but with the railroad below ground and at-grade intersections otherwise.
The Original AG 76
AG
woodiewood1 said:

Moving the tracks out to the river was discussed by the RR, the two cities and the county at least as far back as the mid-1970s.

Wasn't there some local ballot proposition back in the 70's to move the tracks ? I vaguely remember this when we were students. Too busy at the Chicken and chasing all 5 wimmenzs to have paid any attention but I have a slight recollection
PS3D
The Original AG 76 said:

MB19 said:

The Original AG 76 said:

MB19 said:

Scotch said:

Time to pay up now.
ok..what was LoTrack ?
Imagine, it would've only been $3 million for their part of the project.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.