looking to buy a blue potato bush locally

2,930 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Brewmaster
eloc62
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Had one of these planted in our backyard years ago in the perfect spot and loved it. Looking to buy another one here locally, but having trouble finding one. I have been to Lowe's and Home Depot with no luck. any recs?
birdman
It is blue plumbago.

Site One and Circle D Nursery both carry them.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
birdman said:

It is blue plumbago.

Site One and Circle D Nursery both carry them.

How do you know op is wanting plumbago and not Lycianthes rantonnetii Blue Potato Bush?

I've shipped quite a lot to the Home Depots in Austin market, closest store would be Bastrop.

We also service Lowe's in College Station and Bryan. Let me check if we've shipped any recently.
eloc62
thanks.pretty much sure it was a potato bush, but I'm no floral expert.
war hymn aggie
AG
Can't help you with who sells them but I can tell you that Blue Potato bush & Plumbago are not the same plant.

I've had both & have had a blue potato growing for years, but it suffers when we have a hard freeze here in Aggieland (like the 2 that we had last Winter.) It's just now sprouting from the ground. I've planted Plumbago in 2 or 3 places in my landscape over the years & they all have died after a couple of years.

I suggest that you visited Producer's COOP &/or call Martha's Bloomers to see if they carry it. If not, maybe take a road trip & visit Houston Garden Center.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
TLIAC
AG
I think I actually saw both plants at Farm Patch a few weeks ago. They have a really great plant selection.
eloc62
thx, gonna check out farm patch.
ComfortAg
AG
Lowes in Bryan had 6 or more yesterday out front.
Brewmaster
AG
I did a little research, I'm going find/buy one now too! Really cool shrub to small tree, flowers through most of the year and wildlife love it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.