Go Karts

2,969 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PS3D
slider676
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have these previously existed in B/CS? Curious about what might have closed them down previously.
carpe vinum
AG
I don't remember gokarts anywhere since Pooh's Park. There were bumper cars and bumper boats.
I always thought a Malibu Grand Prix would kill it here, but I imagine liability insurance would be ridiculous.
Stupe
S
I think that a gas powered Go Kart track would be sustainable, now. There just weren't enough people here when Pooh's Park was open and I don't remember it having karts, anyway.
halibut sinclair
Yes Pooh's Park had go karts.

The paintball place out on hwy. 30 at King Oaks also had go karts 10 or so years ago.
BCStalk
Boondocks. Cost of maintenance is just too high to operate. A large portion of profits typically comes from the arcade that they have. Unfortunately arcades are dead as well.
malibu9in1
Where cavenders is now was a small track long time ago.

My son has a couple for sale. A 2 mini bikes if interested.
eloc62
When we went to Las Vegas last year, we went to a go kart place that had electric ones. it was great. However, with the price of land anywhere close to this town and the liability insurance, it would be a risk. I think it would be wildly successful here, given the young demographics of this town and the fact that everybody loves go karts, but who will step up and take the chance? maybe it's just a safer bet to build another apt. complex.
Aggie
AG
malibu9in1 said:

Yep.. Was a dirt track.
This was probably late 80's

I don't remember there being Go-karts at poohs park
taxpreparer
AG
I seem to remember an indoor go cart track in the old Walmart at Manor East Mall. It didn't last long.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Stupe
S
I know that I'm contradicting myself, but if someone were to open one, it would be more feasible to use electric carts.

Gas are just more fun. The track in Brenham is a blast to drive with friends.
slider676
AG
What I'm also curious about is the future of the industry once self driving cars become reality. They could see a return.
ksp
Pooh's park without question had go karts.
Finding X
I wonder what the feasibility of leasing the roof of the mall and building a bigass track or multiple tracks. Gas or electric - I think it would be a welcome attraction! The cost/sq ft should be cheap enough but someone would probably have an issue with it.

Or an indoor track at Gander Mtn when they realize they've closed down.
techno-ag
AG
The bypass provides plenty of excitement.
DBSwooper
They should put a go kart track in at Tower Point.
carpe vinum
AG
DBSwooper said:

When I saw how narrow those divided lanes were at first I thought they WERE building a go cart track.
CharlieBrown17
AG
K1 Speed would kill it here.
AgTrip
Horseshoe junction in Brenham has them!
91_Aggie
AG
Find X said:

I wonder what the feasibility of leasing the roof of the mall and building a bigass track or multiple tracks. Gas or electric - I think it would be a welcome attraction! The cost/sq ft should be cheap enough but someone would probably have an issue with it.
n.

Yeah. I'm sure the roof of the mall was engineered to support that amount of weight on top of it.
beer.morebeer.mostbeer
malibu9in1 said:

My son has a couple for sale. A 2 mini bikes if interested.
I want to see pics of the mini-bikes please.
jac4
AG
DBSwooper said:

I believe that is more of a Century Square type establishment. Since we are still a Cow town and not a cosmopolitan city, we probably can't support a go cart track. When Century square is finished, we have a chance....

I bet Ann Arbor has a Go Cart track.
eloc62
jac4 said:

DBSwooper said:

I believe that is more of a Century Square type establishment. Since we are still a Cow town and not a cosmopolitan city, we probably can't support a go cart track. When Century square is finished, we have a chance....

I bet Ann Arbor has a Go Cart track.
If not, I bet Jim Harbaugh will make sure they have one there soon, because everybody loves go karts! recruiting advantage...?
malibu9in1
I'll post pics soon. Thx

[Please post that on the Classified Forum. Once you do that, you can refer to the link on this thread. Thank you. -Staff]
malibu9in1
Cool.
malibu9in1
https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/2850426/replies/48901771#48901771
KidDoc
AG
I had to drive to north Houston a few times this week and noticed a small go-kart track right across from the entrance of the Texas Renaissance Festival on our side of Magnolia. Called Nitro frogs or toads or something.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PS3D
CharlieBrown17 said:

K1 Speed would kill it here.
The one off 290 is in a space that held a Kroger store until 2005. I wonder if there are any vacant grocery store spaces around here that may work...something like a former Kroger. Hmmm....I wonder.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.