A/C repair

1,626 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AG @ HEART
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Out of state and wife says AC unit is blowing but not cool. What are the better services to have her or myself call tomorrow for an appointment?
OnlyANobody
Marco with Aire Cool. Text him what's going on. We've never been disappointed with his work, fairness or promptness. 979-777-2520.

eta: Has your filter been changed? - Not wanting to state the obvious, but sometimes it gets by people when they're busy.
Jason86
AG
I've used Malek before and been happy with their service. They frequently have coupons on church bulletins or in the mailers and will let you stack them. They also respond 24 hours a day as well which is pretty helpful in Texas.

I tried to call Marco last time and he couldn't come by until the end of the day and then never returned my call at the end of the day so that was that.
jskin261
Let Ecozapp effiency come juice it up with Arctic blast.
Wicked Good Ag
wife checked filter and isn't issue
AgResearch
AG
Easy money on it being a bad capacitor.
ukbb2003
Could be low on refrigerant.
IrishTxAggie
AG
AgResearch said:

This. Or the contact. If ants get into the contact they can ruin it.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Tell her to poke her head outside and see if the fan on top of the condenser is rotating. If it isn't, you can try to give it a little kickstart nudge against the fan blades with a thin stick to get it going. She'll hear a humming where the wires go into the unit at and that means the thermostat is calling for the cool and it's the fan motor or capacitor.

If it is moving, tell her to look down at the copper lines. If she sees ice formed around the low side line (the thinker line) it's a freon problem. Turn off the cool and just run the fan. If the coil is frozen when the repair guy gets there to dump some freon in it, he won't be able to until the system is thawed out.
classicdoug
AG
Great advice from colinag.

If you can't anyone suggested, call Air Solutions at 693-2984 or airsolutionsbcs.com
firefly1204
Air Concept Services.
AG @ HEART
ColinAggie said:

AgResearch said:

This. Or the contact. If ants get into the contact they can ruin it.

Orrrrr you could have a leak in the system, if that's the case I hope it's not R-22
IrishTxAggie
AG
If it was a freon leak the coil would become frozen and no air would pass through to the vents.
AG @ HEART
ColinAggie said:

If it was a freon leak the coil would become frozen and no air would pass through to the vents.

Not unless it's empty. We don't know if the condenser is running or not. Could be anything from the cap, contactor, freon, open windings on the compressor due to dead fan or other cause, heck even a drain switch. I've seen it all. Just throwing in with the hive mind.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.