Anyone have solar panels installed on their house?

7,555 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by saltydog13
war hymn aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
91_Aggie said:

war hymn aggie said:

I have agreed to get solar panels with SunPro.

They have a good rating & with the guaranteed savings, I look to see benefits from this investment in around 7-8 years. Our house was built in the mid 70's & is a 1 1/2 story & is very inefficient. We had insulated windows installed a few years ago which helped, but our energy costs are still very high in the warmer months, even with the thermostat set in the mid 70's with the ceiling fans blowing.

Sunpro will also replace my water heater (which is about 12 years old) & will also replace ALL of the light bulbs in my house with LED's.

35 4X6 panels on my roof with a 25 year parts & labor warranty for a little over $20K after government refunds.

We plan on living in the same home for awhile, so it's an investment that will save us money in the long run & it will also add value to the home once we decide to sell it.

If you are a homeowner that plans on living in your current home for at least 10 more years & has a utility bill that averages $200 or more/month, then I would recommend this investment for you.

Come back and tell us your experience after 1 month, 6 months and a year

BTW
a new water heater is about $400 and LED bulbs ate now about $2 To $2.50 each. Essentially they enticed you with about $500 worth of benefits.
Stumbled across this since someone brought this thread back up.

Results so far...electricity usage down 1/3 of what it was before panels installed in the 1.75 years that they have been installed. Do the math & determine if it's an investment that benefits you. IMO, it's a good investment if you plan on living in your current house for at least 8 years.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Goat Man said:

Now I'm really confused. This thread is from 2 years ago?
a moderator removed a post that appeared to be a commercial promotion
saltydog13
AG
Unless my math is wrong, it'll take a lot more than 8 years to break even with it only reducing your electric bill by 1/3
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.