Aggieland
Sponsored By

Do KBTX anchors always pronounce Wellborn Rd. like they just arrived to town?

Scotch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
I rarely watch KBTX, and the time I do Rusty Surette says "Well borne Road".

Guess I'll go back to skipping the program.
JM13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A
Not a fan of KBTX, but that seems like an odd reason to skip it
Scotch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
I typically don't watch because the news is irrelevant and the discourse inane. This is simply validation. I don't need carpetbaggers reading me fluff pieces.
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
For what it's worth ... a lot of the $5 haircut prettyfaces on Houston tv regularly butcher street names. Damn near all of em say Aldine like it's Al Dean instead of Awldine .
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
After the spate of restaurant-bashing threads recently, it's refreshing to go back to savaging local media. A nice diversion.
Fonzie Scheme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
This thread might last a while as Mike patrols the football board looking for haters there.
EagleLM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
R
I never heard the word "aircrafts" used for multiple airplanes until I saw it on the news here.
carpe vinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
I stopped watching KBTX News when they stopped showing MASH at 10:30.
BrandoC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
H
AG
I would stop watching KTBX but they are the only local news station who graphics dont look like their from the 80s. KAGS(NBC) looks like a 3rd grader develops their background and isnt the ABC news channel out of Waco?
Rexter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
H
The Original AG 76 said:

For what it's worth ... a lot of the $5 haircut prettyfaces on Houston tv regularly butcher street names. Damn near all of em say Aldine like it's Al Dean instead of Awldine .


Uhhhh...isn't it pronounced Awldean?
Marlin39m
How long do you want to ignore this user?
V
Karla is the only one worth watching. That Rusty guy tries like hell to turn everything into a huge scandal that would be more appropriate in a gossip tabloid. Oh my God, a worker is using a leaf blower to move asphalt pebbles! The horror!
Slocum on a mobile
How long do you want to ignore this user?
H
AG
Yes. They must pronounce it like a newb that KBTX is paying like $25k a year.
agfan1030
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
Rexter said:

The Original AG 76 said:

For what it's worth ... a lot of the $5 haircut prettyfaces on Houston tv regularly butcher street names. Damn near all of em say Aldine like it's Al Dean instead of Awldine .


Uhhhh...isn't it pronounced Awldean?
Unless I am reading it wrong....I think that is what he is saying.
australopithecus robustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A
This has been going on for decades now since the 80's. They're ridiculous. They need some common sense editing.

The Anchor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

This has been going on for decades now since the 80's. They're rediculous. They need some common sense editing.

*ridiculous.....
australopithecus robustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A
Haha. Thanks for editing me!
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Ummm that's what I said.
It's Awldean not Al . Just like San Felipe is Phillipee not the mexican FeLIPee
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Karla is worth watching for several reasons!
Campchulu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
P
How I pronounce names:

Bexar - becks-ar
Guadalupe - Gua-Dah-Loo-Peh
San Jacinto - San Ha-Seen-Toh
Wellborne - Well-Born. That's an O and not a U.
Favre - Fav-ir

And I hate BBQ too. It's overrated for being just bland meat.
Fonzie Scheme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
You should probably move. Like, to Alaska or something.
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Like all the out of town voiceover talent that pronounce it "Brah Zohs"
Campchulu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
P
Brazos - Brah-Zo-Ees
River - Rie-vere.
College Station - Bee-ghin-er Dry-veers
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Campchulu said:

How I pronounce names:

Bexar - becks-ar
Guadalupe - Gua-Dah-Loo-Peh
San Jacinto - San Ha-Seen-Toh
Wellborne - Well-Born. That's an O and not a U.
Favre - Fav-ir

And I hate BBQ too. It's overrated for being just bland meat.
We won a damn war in order to call the place of the great victory San Jacinta !!! and the river is the Guadaloop.
AND
BBQ is not just the meat its the entire experience. The 10-12 hours with good buddies consuming mass quantities of beverage ( even tequila for the foreigners ) ,choking on smoke, drinking more beer, tending the fire with more delicacy that a CDC test lab, drinking more beer, and finally ..not really remembering the actual meal cause of ..well ...see above.

Oh and ..spending the next week getting the treatment from the Mrs cause you fell asleep on the sofa instead of spending the rest of the day in inane babble with her family
Jinx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
V
The Original AG 76 said:

Karla is worth watching for several reasons!
Her professionalism and dedication to her work?
Scotch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
WRONG, YOU ARE FAKE NEWS

Correct:

Wellborn Rd. = Welb-urn or Welb-ern

Villa Maria = Vill-uh Maria (pronounce Vill like dill with a v, Maria almost like Muria)

Brazos = Braz-uz with the Bra pronounced like the first part of brag.

Mexia = who cares, irrelevant town
Kendall Rogers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A
AG
Penny's is PA nays!
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
The Original AG 76 said:

Campchulu said:

How I pronounce names:

Bexar - becks-ar
Guadalupe - Gua-Dah-Loo-Peh
San Jacinto - San Ha-Seen-Toh
Wellborne - Well-Born. That's an O and not a U.
Favre - Fav-ir

And I hate BBQ too. It's overrated for being just bland meat.
We won a damn war in order to call the place of the great victory San Jacinta !!! and the river is the Guadaloop.
AND
BBQ is not just the meat its the entire experience. The 10-12 hours with good buddies consuming mass quantities of beverage ( even tequila for the foreigners ) ,choking on smoke, drinking more beer, tending the fire with more delicacy that a CDC test lab, drinking more beer, and finally ..not really remembering the actual meal cause of ..well ...see above.

Oh and ..spending the next week getting the treatment from the Mrs cause you fell asleep on the sofa instead of spending the rest of the day in inane babble with her family
Jah-Sin-Tah or Jah-Sin-Toe? I thought it was more the latter.

It's fun confusing people with the correct pronunciations of city names derived from Spanish between Texas and California.

San Jacinto vs San Jose ... and La Jolla!

I remember stopping in Versailles, MO and learning that it's pronounced Vur- Sails, not Ver-sigh.
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
biobioprof said:

The Original AG 76 said:

Campchulu said:

How I pronounce names:

Bexar - becks-ar
Guadalupe - Gua-Dah-Loo-Peh
San Jacinto - San Ha-Seen-Toh
Wellborne - Well-Born. That's an O and not a U.
Favre - Fav-ir

And I hate BBQ too. It's overrated for being just bland meat.
We won a damn war in order to call the place of the great victory San Jacinta !!! and the river is the Guadaloop.
AND
BBQ is not just the meat its the entire experience. The 10-12 hours with good buddies consuming mass quantities of beverage ( even tequila for the foreigners ) ,choking on smoke, drinking more beer, tending the fire with more delicacy that a CDC test lab, drinking more beer, and finally ..not really remembering the actual meal cause of ..well ...see above.

Oh and ..spending the next week getting the treatment from the Mrs cause you fell asleep on the sofa instead of spending the rest of the day in inane babble with her family
Jah-Sin-Tah or Jah-Sin-Toe? I thought it was more the latter.

It's fun confusing people with the correct pronunciations of city names derived from Spanish between Texas and California.

San Jacinto vs San Jose ... and La Jolla!

I remember stopping in Versailles, MO and learning that it's pronounced Vur- Sails, not Ver-sigh.
Tah or as my 6th grade Texas history teacher , Mrs Dudley, said back in the 60's ..San Jacinty..AND we all believed that she was actually there !
Spyderman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
KBTX
Loaded
How long do you want to ignore this user?
H
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

Karla is worth watching for several reasons!
Did you mean Carly?
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Loaded said:

The Original AG 76 said:

Karla is worth watching for several reasons!
Did you mean Carly?
yup
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

Loaded said:

The Original AG 76 said:

Karla is worth watching for several reasons!
Did you mean Carly?
yup
well some of us are able to watch Karla too

to each his own.
Campchulu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
P
Tuesday is not Tuesdee and Friday is not Fridee. Take some *********English lessons, people who do this.
Scotch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Mundee
Twosdee
Windsdee
Thirsdee
Frydee
Sat-dee
Son Day
tmaggies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

Ummm that's what I said.
It's Awldean not Al . Just like San Felipe is Phillipee not the mexican FeLIPee



You must be referring to the street in Houston which is named for the town. The town is Pronounced San Phillip not Phillipee.
Page 1 of 2
 
×
Verify your student status
See Membership Benefits >