Padlock Escape Games

4,416 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BackwardsInBoots
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Due to the rainy weather we had to cancel our Ren Fest day so instead I took the family to Padlock Escape Games. We have never done any escape rooms but it seemed like a fun concept for me and my two grown kids and son-in-law. We had a great time and got out in 52 minutes. If you like problem solving and puzzles it is a pretty fun way to kill an hour with family and friends. They have 3 rooms I think and we did the Study one and plan to do some more in the future.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sea Pony 07
AG
My friends and I did the masquerade. We solved the murder in time, but didn't get the door open in time- we needed about one more minute.. We had a blast. I am looking forward to doing the library one.
slider676
AG
The library is the best one. Although the third room not mentioned is the creepier one. You go in handcuffed in the dark.
eloc62
love Padlock escape rooms. been twice. want to try the library.
Tailgate88
AG
Escape Room BCS is another great option!
AggiePhil
AG
I really enjoyed both of the escape room places here. The one at 707 Texas had some really neat things in the room but seemed a bit too difficult given the 60 minute time limit. The one at Woodstone was nicer on the inside but the storyline didn't quite have the cohesion of the other place. All told, I would recommend both.
Local princess
Isn't there one on 29th St near St. Joseph Hospital?
KidDoc
AG
Local princess said:

Isn't there one on 29th St near St. Joseph Hospital?
yes
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Average Joe
AG
How much do they run? Are there varying levels of difficulty?
KidDoc
AG
Average Joe said:

I'm not sure on this one. Padlock Escape games was $97.43 for 6 of us and we could just pick a room. It was pretty challenging took us 52 minutes out of the hour with 6 of us working on it.
The Anchor
AG
Average Joe said:

Around $20-$25 per person depending on which one you got to. We've always gone on a weekend and the prices may be higher. Difficulty can vary depending on the place.
montegobay
We just finished escaping at The Rooms of BCS on 29th. Great room, friendly staff. Will definitely come back!
techno-ag
AG

BackwardsInBoots
AG
How good does your English have to be? Are there lots of word puzzle type clues/things that require specific knowledge of America? (Japanese BF with moderate English is coming home to BCS with me on vacation)
The Anchor
AG
BackwardsInBoots said:

How good does your English have to be? Are there lots of word puzzle type clues/things that require specific knowledge of America? (Japanese BF with moderate English is coming home to BCS with me on vacation)

In my experience (all 3 rooms at BCS Escape Rooms and the Study at Padlock Games) a large majority of the clues stem from visual clues (i.e. numbers, pictures, etc.) and numbers. There is some reading in each room, though.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I would probably stay away from Masquerade then.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
We did the Study room at Padlock yesterday for my daughter's 13th birthday party. Was a lot of fun. Enjoyed it more than the Kidnap room which we did last year.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Thanks! This sounds like a possibility!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.