Construction on Dominik Drive?

1,541 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Love Gun
TKDMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Last week we noticed some cones set up and some construction vehicles cutting into the concrete on Dominik. Not just in one area like a break in a line, but instead cuts made at regular intervals from Munson all the way to Glenhaven. Any ideas about why they are slicing into a perfectly good concrete street?
CEAg78
AG
City staff told us they would work on Francis rehabilitation when they finish Munson. But???
redd38
AG
They're probably installing the potholes that they'll fix in 2019.

Or perhaps they took apart Munson and forgot how to put it back together, so they're cutting up Dominik to see how it's supposed to be. I do that all the time when I try to fix stuff at my house.
rsa
AG
CEAg78 said:

City staff told us they would work on Francis rehabilitation when they finish Munson. But???
The last rehab of Francis began failing a few months after they got done.
LandscapeChick
RecycleCSTX
Hey all!

This is a routine preventative maintenance project, not a rehabilitation project. Work includes just replacing expansion joint seals.

H. Woolwine

TKDMom
Thank you for that info. It was quite fascinating to watch, but it looked for the world like they were going down the street just cutting into the concrete. It's a nice street, so I could not imagine that they would do anything to it before finishing Munson and fixing Francis.
threecatcorner
Any estimate on when they are going to be done with Munson?

If they are planning to do anything nearly that extensive, they need to skip Francis or it will be impossible to drop off kids at the elementary school.
taxpreparer
AG
They told us it would be eighteen months, start to finish.
CEAg78
AG
taxpreparer said:

They told us it would be eighteen months, start to finish.
Began in June '16.
Love Gun
Until you've had to experience Rock Prairie construction at Longmire each day, enjoy what you have.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.