professional a/c firm

1,120 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SCHTICK00
Sleepnumber
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For years I've been using a small firm for A/C maintainance and repair. I have an ongoing problem with lots of dust in the house. I've asked the firm to upgrade the filters, change the filters, whatever---and, for whatever reason, they seem unable/disinterested.
My question is----is there a B/CS firm that is really good about improving air quality and about periodic maintainance and follow-up? I can read the ads and Yelp comments, but would appreciate receiving any recommendations. Thanks.
TKDMom
We like Climate Doctors. Their tv ads are silly, but they do great work.

However, we also replace our own filters. Changing filters is very easy to do and we can save the cost of a service call by doing it ourselves. With two dogs and a guinea pig in the house, we use a filter rated to reduce allergens that we get from Home Depot and make sure that we change them at least once every 3 months.
rsa
AG
Climate Masters

Barkers

Whoever you go with, spend a little money and have them do a complete survey of your air ducts--there may be an issue with your return air duct pulling in unfiltered air.
Stupe
S
Barkers on Graham Road is good.

Keep in mind that when it comes to service professions such as A/C, plumbing, electrical, etc... you get what you pay for.
NellCote71
TKDMom said:

We like Climate Doctors. Their tv ads are silly, but they do great work.

However, we also replace our own filters. Changing filters is very easy to do and we can save the cost of a service call by doing it ourselves. With two dogs and a guinea pig in the house, we use a filter rated to reduce allergens that we get from Home Depot and make sure that we change them at least once every 3 months.
It is just me and a dog in a townhouse, and I try to change my filter--highest grade--every four to six weeks. Really helps with the allergies.
txgardengirl
BCS Air Solutions - Karl, Coulter and the team are top notch and do a ton of work for real estate professionals. They do offer an option that connects to your system and helps 'zap' allergens before they make it through and can definitely give you lots of ideas. They also offer an annual service contract plan - give them a call
AggiePlaya
AG
You mean no A/C company wants to change your air filters for what amounts to a $50 trip charge? I'm shocked
SCHTICK00
AG
I don't know how you could charge enough to change out filters and come out. We have the large filters at the unit that are changed once a year. Just two filters and they're easier to get to than using a ladder to open grills.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.