Looking for a 3 br to rent

2,710 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by summergal
BCO07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My family and I are heading back to BCS in late May and are looking for a home to rent. Looking for a 3 br in a good elementary school zone. If anyone knows of something coming open, please shoot me an email 2007bco@gmail.com
Stupe
S
Call Aggieland Apartment Finders. You tell them what you want and they find it for you.

Of course, there will be someone along on this thread that will tell you that they are horrible, but I have referred a lot of students to them and have never had a major issue pop up.

There are also a bunch of For Rent signs in Edelweiss and Dove Meadows in the Victoria / Graham / Rock Prairie roads area. Most of those are 3 & 4 bedroom houses and are close to elementary schools.

However, CSISD doesn't really care about minor logical technicalities like proximity when they draw up attendance zones. That doesn't always look good demographically on paper.
BCO07
AG
Thanks
hopeandrealchange
I have a nice 3-2-2 that will be available the first week of August.
Rusty Burson
S
I have a 4-bedroom on Munson Ave. in the College Hills elementary zone. Ready at the end of May. Would love to talk to you.
Oogway
Welcome Back! Feel free to ignore the cranky people, perhaps they are forgetting to put their best foot forward.
Like Stupe said, calling a locator is a great way to save some legwork, but I have noticed a number of rental homes all over town if you prefer to drive and look around. As stated before, there are some somewhat centrally located in College Station (Rock Prairie & Creekview Elementaries) where there are quite a few families. I have also noticed some in Castlegate near Victoria (probably Forest Ridge, but maybe Spring Creek?). Pebble Creek has a few too (Pebble Creek Elementary). Don't often travel in the College Hills, Southwood Valley, South Knoll neighborhoods, but I would bet they have some as well.

Good luck in your search!
Look Out Below
AG
Agree with best advice is to take a day and drive around town. There are For Lease signs up in neighborhoods all over town right now.
TKDMom
All of the College Station elementary schools are good. Are you looking for a newer home or an older one? We live in the College Hills area, and there are several rentals in our neighborhood. I noticed that the house on the corner of Westover and Francis just put up a sign in the last week or so. We had friends who lived there for a while and it was a really nice older home.
Stupe
S
I would also suggest that you rent close to where you plan to buy. That way you aren't having to worry about switching schools.
Justified
Century 21 Has a house for lease available in June. The street is Ardenne court.
Prune Tracy
TXTransplant
Gangster Octopus said:

The house I'm currently renting is going to be back in the rental market at the end of May because we're buying nearby. It's a 3/2 in CastleRock, which is Spring Creek Elementary. My 6yo absolutely love his school.

We rented here to do the "try before you buy" to see how we liked the area and we love it. This is a great neighborhood - quiet, friendly, awesome park and pool, and only one way in and out.

Our landlords are great and very easy to work with. I'll shoot you an email with details.

Castle Rock is zoned to Spring Creek Elem now? It was zoned to Forest Ridge when I started building there, and was rezoned to Greens Prairie by the time the house was finished and we moved in. We've been gone a few years, but that's three different elem schools since 2011.

To the OP - while it's a good idea to try to rent where you want to buy so the kids don't have to change schools, CSISD has a history of throwing a wrench into those best-laid plans.
BCO07
AG
Gangster Octopus said:

The house I'm currently renting is going to be back in the rental market at the end of May because we're buying nearby. It's a 3/2 in CastleRock, which is Spring Creek Elementary. My 6yo absolutely love his school.

We rented here to do the "try before you buy" to see how we liked the area and we love it. This is a great neighborhood - quiet, friendly, awesome park and pool, and only one way in and out.

Our landlords are great and very easy to work with. I'll shoot you an email with details.

Thanks
Prune Tracy
ksp
I am moving out of a rental that is going up for rent next month/May. It is 4 BR though with a huge backyard. Near the elementary school on SW parkway. If interested let me know, I can get you in touch.
Stupe
S
Single families can also rent in Creek Meadows, Castlegate, and Pebble Creek.
CollegeStationMaid
We've been searching for the same and just found 1 larger than we were looking for. My husband signed up on zillow.com and they will email you an alert each time something matching your request comes on the market
PseudonymK
AG
I've been in the search for a 2or 3/2 for a couple of months now. I'm stuck at my Mom's house for I don't know how long.
BCO07
AG
Good luck. We actually found a great place thanks to texags
summergal
There are several out in Copperfield. Sam Houston is a great neighborhood school!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.