Instacart coming to local H-E-Bs late March

3,984 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by nought
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw people from Instacart at H-E-B, say they'll be launching late March. Instacart has a contract with H-E-B and works with the Houston H-E-Bs but it's the first time here. I'm psyched grocery delivery is coming to town...not because I'd do it (I still like doing my own shopping) but maybe it will be less crowded (one can only hope!)
rhoswen
AG
We have shipt down here and it's GLORIOUS. it could be considered expensive (I'm paying $15/mo for the service monthly and then tip) but sometimes I'll gladly pay someone to take care of it for me so when I get home from work she'll arrive fifteen minutes after me.

Sometimes they don't find the *exact* item that's on the shipt app, but she'll text me and ask. And I basically have standing instructions to buy anything store brand when possible.

It's very handy.
InMyOpinion
PS3D said:

Saw people from Instacart at H-E-B, say they'll be launching late March. Instacart has a contract with H-E-B and works with the Houston H-E-Bs but it's the first time here. I'm psyched grocery delivery is coming to town...not because I'd do it (I still like doing my own shopping) but maybe it will be less crowded (one can only hope!)
Instacart web site says it will be available in 7 days in BCS
95_Aggie
AG
Pretty soon folks won't ever have to get off their couch.
Cancelled
AG
AGnCS said:

Pretty soon folks won't ever have to get off their couch.
CrazyAgE
Also, I'm hearing the new HEB will open June '18. This should alleviate some of the crowdedness at the holleman and tower point stores
Scruffy
AG
This is good for those without cars.
I'm for it.
The Original AG 76
AG
CrazyAgE said:

Also, I'm hearing the new HEB will open June '18. This should alleviate some of the crowdedness at the holleman and tower point stores
where ?
redd38
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

CrazyAgE said:

where ?

Wellborn & 2818
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Is Tower Point really that crowded? Holleman has small isles and difficult parking.
The Original AG 76
AG
redd38 said:

The Original AG 76 said:

CrazyAgE said:

where ?

Wellborn & 2818
OUTSTANDING !!
Hope this spurs a lot more retail in this area.
mazag08
AG
CrazyAgE said:

When you say hearing, are you talking about the site plan submittal to the city that was posted on this thread? Or something else?
K2T2
Instacart is here! Busy/non-car/lazy people rejoice!
webmom
webmom
Marooned_n_Aggieland said:

Is Tower Point really that crowded? Holleman has small isles and difficult parking.
YES!!! A&M students have discovered the Tower Point HEB and it gets crowded!
nought
AG
K2T2 said:

Instacart is here! Busy/non-car/lazy people rejoice!
And it isn't just for HEB! They deliver from Spec's as well. Hallelujah.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.