Helicopters - 2 am?

3,196 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by techno-ag
rc_cat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's with the extremely loud helicopter(s) in the Raintree area at 2 am?
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
Drove around, cops stopped me at the raintree park before I could leave neighborhood. Search on right now for a man, apparently there was a gunfight at academy. Lock your doors and stay safe. Apparently there are cops everywhere by academy
TexAg1987
http://m.theeagle.com/news/crime/manhunt-underway-after-reported-shooting-in-college-station/article_996568f4-0df8-11e7-875b-d7e2875e8545.html?mode=jqm
rc_cat
Thanks - I checked KBTX and CS twitter and didn't see anything - didn't think the Eagle would be as up to date. Sounds like they've moved away some - hope they find the guy.
MaroonBloodedAg2010
A guy jumped out of the car and shot at a state trooper on a traffic stop outside Academy, then ran on foot. DPS helicopter was brought in and found the guy hiding. As far as I could tell the trooper was not hit.
TexAg1987
Police still there as of 8:10 this morning. Apparently collecting evidence (?)
BQ_90
AG
man I was wondering why they had all of the academy and the feeder road shut down this morning.
armymom
You can usually find out what is going on by listening to the police scanner: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/ctid/2543
SumAggie
they caught both of them - one had 19 previous arrests and the other 20.....
jac4
AG
SumAggie said:

they caught both of them - one had 19 previous arrests and the other 20.....
locals?
rc_cat
armymom said:

You can usually find out what is going on by listening to the police scanner: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/ctid/2543
Thanks. Bookmarked.
IceAg08
AG
Im sure they'll learn this time though
classicdoug
AG
Have they said the name of the trooper? Not really important I guess and all of their lives matter, just curious if it's the one I know.
mgreen
Where did we get a helicopter?
BrazosDog02
AG
toolshed
AG
Texas DPS
threecatcorner
On KBTX, it says the passenger's from Caldwell, but I didn't see anything that said where the driver's from.
Kitten With A Whip
Am I the only one who got an emergency notification phone call around 3 AM that night? "Police are looking for an armed and dangerous man in the vicinity of XXXXXX Rudder Freeway in College Station. Man was wearing a black shirt and blue shorts." There was more information, but I do not recall all the details. Glad to hear no one was injured and that they were caught!
fitcetera
I got the notification - we live in the area. The helicopter woke me up, the notification scared me! Glad the trooper wasn't hurt and they caught the guy fairly quickly.
techno-ag
AG
mgreen said:

Where did we get a helicopter?
DPS has several.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.