Best Bluebonnets in the Area?

2,138 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by meinkee
CatPit1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy,

I'm in search of the best Bluebonnet patch in the B/CS area for some pictures. Suggestions?

Thanks
Ornlu
AG
George Bush library had some great patches last year, along the entrance road off of G. Bush Dr - but I haven't been by yet this year.
The Original AG 76
AG
there are always some very good patches on the median on Fitch.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I saw some people taking pictures in A&M's "wildflower area" by the Bush Library. There's probably less snakes in town too.
Scotch
AG
There are some nice little patches under some trees in front of the Harvey Mitchell(2818) AT&T store, Great Clips and BatteriesPlus. I'm sure it would be fairly easy to get mostly bluebonnets and trees instead of road. The best part is there is a parking lot right there that is much safer than parking on the side of a major road.
Stupe
S
Old Baylor in Independence has several good fields as well as fields of Indian Paintbrushes.
stinkerbelle
Villa Maria Road, close to the Traditions entrance, right off of 47. There are people out there daily taking photos right now. I think it is an excellent spot, while there is some traffic on Villa Maria, I think it is a much safer spot than other areas I have seen people taking bluebonnet photos.
KidDoc
AG
There were about 10 cars after work out at the Bush Library entrance, excellent spot and pretty safe.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JM13
original
carpe vinum
AG
Millican Reserve usually has good ones, but I haven't been by there to know for sure. I think they are doing their monthly market on the green this weekend.
Oogway
Quite a few along 2818 & Villa Maria like the other poster said. They are all over town, really. Must be an especially good year. So very pretty.
meinkee
Hwy 50 @ hwy 105 . nice field on left .safe. No kids in the bar ditch. Have seen some real risky picture takers this year!
wineveryday
Hi guys- Any recent updates on this? My family is looking for a place to take some family photos today. Thanks!
BCStalk
2818 just south of Villa Maria
studioone
what's a bar ditch?

Remember.. dont sit on the bluebonnets..

president of aggies against bluebonnets butt circles..
Gigem314
AG
If you're willing to drive a bit further, we saw a beautiful patch around Plantersville Baptist Church at 105 and 1774 over the weekend.
skeetboy3
AG
Surprisingly good patch by the aerofit express off briarcrest and six where the road ends
meinkee
Bar ditch is Texan for " borrow ditch" a construction term for the area between the field of bluebonnets I referred to and the asphalt on hwy 50
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.