Sleep apnea study recs

2,142 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 1.618
ksp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
thanks!
UmustBKidding
Had mine done years ago at St Joe by interesting guy who previously worked in a Cia lsd research lab. The thing that worries me is lots of referrals from MD and people probably should see a pulmonologist or ent first. Had baseline sleep study and ent fixed deviated septum and remove enlarged and infected tonsils and adenoids. Follow up study showed no remaining issues and my recurring throat infections gone for 30 years now. Know lots of people in cpap that have not had any evaluation of their anatomy for repairable causes.
Ymmv
iisanaggie
AG
Price shop. My out of pocket was very different between St. Joe's and The Med on both of my studies. One was cheaper then a few years later, the other one was.
ksp
iisanaggie said:

Price shop. My out of pocket was very different between St. Joe's and The Med on both of my studies. One was cheaper then a few years later, the other one was.
Did you try and cover under health insurance?
CEAg78
AG
My health insurance covered mine. Had it at St Joe's, maybe 5 yrs ago.
iisanaggie
AG
My insurance did cover, but because of the price differences, it changed my out of pocket.
ksp
Thx
TheAlarmGuy
Rajesh Harrykissoon did mine at the Med
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
Tariny
+1 on price shop. I had the first test done in October 2016 to apparently prove I do have breathing issues then I sleep. Now they want me to do a second test which will tell them what we needs to be done to fix/treat my issues. I guess I should mention that I have BCBSTX through TAMU, and it's still what I consider expensive.

There is also a home test that you can do at home which is cheaper. I have no idea how good it is, but CS Sleep Center did mention it to me. I really wish that I would have went that route. I've been snoring since I was 3 years old, so to me, I wasted $900 proving it to them.
Dr.Rumack
Flunked mine. Now I buy distilled water by the gallon and couldn't be more rested. Way less cranky tambien.
ksp
Dr.Rumack said:

Flunked mine. Now I buy distilled water by the gallon and couldn't be more rested. Way less cranky tambien.
Yup I was 62 times an hr. Agree I sleep so much better now!!
Cancelled
AG
I'm using the mouthguard. Seems like it's working.
Had one done at St. Joe's facility (right in front of Blinn college) a couple years ago and it was covered under insurance as in-network HOWEVER the doctor that read the results was NOT in-network. We had to go see him a couple of times and it added up. I was surprised as I never thought to inquire about more than the initial tests as I knew that an overnight test would be outrageously expensive.

One of my many health insurance lessons learned the hard way. Ugh.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.