Pitchfork Stabbing on Campus???

3,409 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AggiePirate
Ogre09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WTF?

http://abc13.com/news/tamu-police-arrest-one-after-pitchfork-attack/1770204/

"COLLEGE STATION, Texas (KTRK) -- Texas A&M police arrested a man after he stabbed a woman in the backside with a pitchfork, police said.

Carl Turner, Jr. was on the College Station campus gathering pitchforks on Tuesday when he got into a fight, a police report said.

Turner told police he thought the woman was reaching for a pocket knife to attack him. He grabbed one of the pitchforks and stabbed her several times in her shoulder and buttocks, police said.

The woman also suffered several injuries to her face and legs.

Turner is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Why the man was gathering pitchforks is still unknown."
AgProgrammer
AG
Quote:

Why the man was gathering pitchforks is still unknown."

Probably to join the protest of the Arrington road apartment complex rezoning request.
4lilmonkeys
Okay, not funny at all...but that last line did make me laugh.

"Why the man was gathering pitchforks is still unknown."

Maybe he's just really against those apartments at Arrington and Greens Prairie. You don't know!
permabull
AG
WestGalvestonAggie
hypeiv said:

Why are there pitchforks around campus to be gathered?

Would you rather they just left them laying around everywhere?
Cancelled
AG
We are an Ag school.
rhoswen
AG
When I decide I need to gather pitchforks, campus is the first place I'd look.

This really isn't funny but yet...
BQ_90
AG
hypeiv said:

Why are there pitchforks around campus to be gathered?
Yea I figured they'd all be in front of Reed and Bright Complex.
biobioprof
From the Eagle coverage
Quote:

Turner told police he and a male co-worker got into a verbal argument about pitchforks. A woman who worked with the two stepped into the argument and was "posturing" at Turner, a police report states. Turner told police he feared for his safety, so he punched the woman in the eye and knocked her down. Once the woman was on the ground, she tried to stand up and was reaching for a knife in her pocket, Turner told police. Turner backed away and grabbed a pitchfork, which he used to hit the woman in her back, shoulders and buttocks as she tried to stand, reports state. He said he then lobbed the pitchfork at her, which hit her in the legs.
All 3 worked for the outsourced building and grounds.

Hit a female coworker and attacker her with a pitchfork when she was already down. Nice.

Having just seen Jersey Boys last night, this story has "Walk like a man" going through my head right now.
permabull
AG
InMyOpinion
I'm sure there is some comment about "quality" of outsourced workers here but I'll let someone else take a stab at it.
agnerd
AG
Since these are outsourced workers, doesn't that mean they will have a lot more trouble suing the university? Maybe that was the plan the whole time. University will claim they aren't their employees so the university isn't liable.
beefly95
Inaccurate story writing. This happened back at the end of beginning of February and was in the news Feb. 1. Word on the campus street was that these two strongly disliked each other and this guy wasn't perceived as stable.
Oogway
Hmmm, pitchforks can be found in a stable so I guess the story has come full circle so to speak.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Pitch forks don't poke people. People poke people.
AggiePirate
AG
"Turner told police he feared for his safety, so he punched the woman in the eye and knocked her down. "

OMG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.