Home Security Salesman door to door

1,600 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by halibut sinclair
O.G.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In Shenandoah. Had credentials on a lanyard, but still annoying.
carpe vinum
AG
The best home security system is a gated driveway, never see salesmen anymore.
InMyOpinion
SAWgunner said:

Why?
O.G.
InMyOpinion said:

SAWgunner said:

Why?
Because, in 2017, door to door salesmen are annoying. 1952 called, they want their sales method back.

Also, on another occasion, I had someone from a "security company" come to the door that already knew way too much about my neighbors and myself. Turned out to be a scam, more often that not, its a scam.
originaltexan
Great idea.

Some stranger knocks on the door.

Let them in and ask them to stay for tea.

Good luck.

PS

Please keep phone handy to dial 911.
soso33
I never buy anything from a door to door sales person. Well, except for magazines. We buy lots of magazine subscriptions for Christmas gifts. They really have something for everyone like Boys Life for the kids and if you like football or other sports, they have ESPN the Magazine. And we like to take advantage of that buy five from page one, get 2 free from page 3 deal. Plus, it's nice to help these young people achieve their dreams and earn money for their college educations. So it just makes you feel good inside.

But other than that, please observe the NO SOLICITATION sign on the porch.
halibut sinclair
soso33 said:

I never buy anything from a door to door sales person. Well, except for magazines. We buy lots of magazine subscriptions for Christmas gifts. They really have something for everyone like Boys Life for the kids and if you like football or other sports, they have ESPN the Magazine. And we like to take advantage of that buy five from page one, get 2 free from page 3 deal. Plus, it's nice to help these young people achieve their dreams and earn money for their college educations. So it just makes you feel good inside.

But other than that, please observe the NO SOLICITATION sign on the porch.
Does your sign say "NO SOLICITATION EXCEPT FOR MAGAZINES" ?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.