B.C.S. home builder

19,760 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Belton Ag
Jules_Winnfield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking to buy a new construction home in south CS area.

What are some reputable builders in BCS area.

TIA

Just a home town guy looking to move back... had enough of Houston
Jules_Winnfield
Also

Is there a website for Bryan college station area similar to www.HAR.com for Houston?

Instead of having to go to each realtor company's website for listings, is there somewhere I can go to see all the listing in the area?
CEAg78
AG
bcsrealtor.com
toolshed
AG
I go through Aggielandrealestate.com, click on "search the mls". Beware of some realtor sites will ask for your info once you get on their site or a few clicks in. I haven't noticed that with Bienski's webpage. Zillow is decent as well.
Jules_Winnfield
Thank you
AggieAces06
AG
You can use realtor.com or zillow.com to look at properties for sale.

LOYAL AG
AG
Robert Grant. 979-595-5134. Robert @ grant Designs. Com. Craftsman with an amazing eye for design and excellence.
Jules_Winnfield
They final say so is up to my wife but definitely doesn't need to be a new build
mgreen
CGM homes does quality high end homes.
oldag76
AG
Isn't there a home and garden show at County Arena this weekend? Saw a mag in Dr. office this week with Mariott on the cover advertising their business. Would think most would be therecalong with area HBA..
halibut sinclair
oldag76 said:

Isn't there a home and garden show at County Arena this weekend? Saw a mag in Dr. office this week with Mariott on the cover advertising their business. Would think most would be therecalong with area HBA..
It was Feb. 11 and 12
curry97
AG
mgreen said:

CGM homes does high end homes.

FIFY
Jules_Winnfield
well sheet.... who do you know that does high end QUALITY homes?

just looking for various builders.. who make quality homes and have quality customer service AFTER completion of the house... we've had 2 new homes built and everyone always seems busy after we close.. go figure HAHA
4lilmonkeys
Look at the Greater Brazos Valley Home Builders Association. They have a list of builders on their website and I think they're broken down by spec and custom builders.

If you have time, you could always drive around a couple of neighborhoods that you like and take a look around? Also, I believe OpenHouse.com lists area open houses being held over the weekend. You may run into a builder or two.
Cayaggie01
AG
Hi Jules our site uctexas dot com contains all the area listings from HAR AND BCS MLS and give us a call if we can help. We work with several home builders in the area.
AggiePlaya
AG
Budget?
mwm
The bride & I have just finished our second new build with Larry Mariott. Outstanding results both times.
justalocal
We are very happy with our Pitman home. They addressed every issue we had promptly.
Great CaesarsGhost
AG
Raven Homes

Tom Allen is the owner.

Quality homes. Excellent attention to detail.
Jules_Winnfield
im writing all the recommendations down and going to each builders site. i appreciate the info

budget: realistically 450-550
Bucketrunner
Tom Allen is currently building our home. 500's. We are beyond pleased. Very responsive and easy to work with.
CN
I don't know if it's typical of high end builders but Mariott Homes fixed a problem at our current home 6 years after they built it at no expense to us (granted it was one of his subs fault that it was a problem that showed up years later). I had them build our current home and before I put the old house (that they built for us and we had lived in for 10 years) on the market, they made repairs to it too.
Ribbed Paultz
Do you have some personal knowledge of a poor CGM build? They have a great reputation in this town and everyone I know that's built with them hasn't had any complaints.
Oogway
^^ They are a very reputable company.

Edit---oops, I was referring to the post above yours, Marriott. Sorry for the confusion.
Jules_Winnfield
I'm going to take a close look at all the companies that are being listed on here
Slawster
High end Keith Ellis custom homes is the best in the area in my opinion. I dont think its close

This is coming from a subcontractor who has worked for more companies than I can count over the last 15 years.
07Texag
AG
Call Doug Smith with Topline Custom Homes. I have personally walked through several of his customs at various stages of construction and can vouch for the quality of his work.
Jules_Winnfield
Tried to look for top line website but couldn't find one, do you know if they have one?
CN
Crowley Custom Homes builds beautiful homes too. I've been in a few of their homes and none of them were alike which I think is a good thing. We love our house but you definitely know when you're in a Mariott home.
toolshed
AG
Jules, I didn't mention it before, I don't usually self promote on Texags, but I am a local contractor, I do large scale remodels in addition to custom homes. I am a smaller company, have been in business almost 20 years, and get most of our work by word of mouth or through designers we work with. I'd be happy to talk with you, if you'd like.

Josh, Fossil Builders 979.229.7698
75AG
AG
CN said:

Crowley Custom Homes builds beautiful homes too. I've been in a few of their homes and none of them were alike which I think is a good thing. We love our house but you definitely know when you're in a Mariott home.
Crowley builds beautiful homes. But I don't believe he'll do anything under 600.
Jules_Winnfield
I have saved your number and will be in touch soon

Thanks!
Jules_Winnfield
550 is our top end price so we can eliminate Crowley homes
07Texag
AG
Jules,
They have a Facebook page. See the attached link.
https://m.facebook.com/Top-Line-Homes-LLC-1647376355530946/
BrazosWifi
I have been in MANY homes over the years. The well known names are all good. I would also throw Sam Gregg with Gregg Custom Homes in the ring.

He is great to work with from the contractor side and the build quality is fantasic and well done.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.