Apartment complex on Arrington Road and Greens Prairie

8,028 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stucco
carpe vinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh, and whoever was asking about which ones are in the bag for developers.. Shultz definitely is as her income is Shultz Engineering.
lightswitch
Just remember you are the product, -- that buys the house, the car, and the stuff that goes inside the house, then some of the products procreate and make more product that buys the house, the car, and the stuff that goes inside the house. Then over time, the products get tired of looking at each other, and say there is too much product around for their liking, and that the other product gets in their way.

They complain to their "representative" and say that they don't want the mass-container units for the other products, only single dwelling container units with no traffic circles. The "representatives" say, please stand if you agree, the products stand, and the "representatives" say "Fair Enough", we will have mass container units for the products with traffic circles. In which the products realized if they only used reverse psychology-- saying that they want mass container units for products with traffic circles -- they would of gotten their way.
D_Wag97
AG
The light at Fitch and Victoria is a good thing? I already see a problem with the right lane coming out of Victoria- it should be right turn only. Traffic is already backing up because of the light.

Since my last post was apparently deleted, I'll say it again: a group of monkeys playing SimCity could come up with a better transportation plan than the COCS "planners".
oklaunion
D_Wag97 said:

The light at Fitch and Victoria is a good thing? I already see a problem with the right lane coming out of Victoria- it should be right turn only. Traffic is already backing up because of the light.

Thursday I was northbound on Fitch at 5:30pm and sat for 1:30 waiting for it to change, with 2 cars crossing the entire time on Victoria.
SoTheySay
S
I am happy the Victoria light is finally up. I am holding onto hope that it will be timed better in the near future. As someone who literally cannot go anywhere without going through this intersection I feel like it is a blessing.

As mentioned before, GP/Arrington is a cluster. I have tried to turn from GP to Arrington around 5 PM exactly one time and will do my best to never do that again. A light is needed. It's already a cluster so I'm not sure a light could make it any worse if timed correctly.

As for apartments... no, I do not want them. But it's hard to be anti-apartment while being excited about all of the current retail developments and hoping for a WF, Sonic, Starbucks and Target. I would never go north of RP again. But seriously, if these apartments were built with a little more consideration for homeowners I think there could be a happy compromise. (See Castle Rock apartment drama)

I would love to know who is moving into these apartments. I mean, how many of that fancy Fitch Front townhomes are currently occupied? (Bets in my house as to how long it takes for a vehicle to end up in someone's living room)

Wasn't it also said that there's an issue with water supply to these apartments or am I thinking of another location?
D_Wag97
AG
Yep, when in doubt just throw up another stop light..and be sure to not make right turn only lanes. Good plan.
oklaunion

"As someone who literally cannot go anywhere without going through this intersection I feel like it is a blessing."

The only reason I want to comment on your statement is because you used the word 'literally'. If you live in CG, you have several options to go east, west, south, north using the WFParkway. How is the Fitch/Victoria intersection your ONLY choice?
runawaytrain
Really my big issue with all apartments, 0 lot housing, duplexes, etc. Is that in the end, these types of dwellings (rental-centric housing) after a few years they begin to depreciate relatively fast. Look at all the older apartment complexes around town, what do you think is going to happen to all the new ones being built on 2818, ones down south? Pure finance: build cheap, rent high, depreciate fast, do very little CAPEX.

What used to be a near campus, close to campus issue is coming down south. So those that didn't fight against it near campus and on 2818, the additional 5 bedroom apartments, and against the AgShacks, etc. That essentially let the city feel they had free range to make more decisions like these.

We need to actually hire real city planners from bigger and more prosperous cities that understand how city planning works, and what not to do.

UglyScientist
D_Wag97 said:

So much this. At 9:45 this morning right lane traffic was backed up leaving CG because the lead car was going straight and everyone else in the lane was going right. I basically live at that intersection and I think that light is going to take the place of the Fitch/Barron light as most infuriating to me in no time.
the pit man
I live on South Oaks, and we can't vote for these folks but they get to determine things like this that has a negative affect on our lives and property values. That's just wrong. After the Indian Lakes deal went through the traffic on out street has increased 10 fold, they use our street to avoid the in intersection. Now when these apartments are built the traffic on South Oaks will again increase.
I can assure you that when they annex us and I can vote, I'll never vote for any of the current council members for anything, including dog catcher.
momlaw
AG
Dog Catchers in CS are mostly good people. Please do not put these council members in those jobs.
SoTheySay
S
Castle Rock. So yes. Literally.
Oogway
Speaking of Castle Rock; will it ever have another entrance/exit or was it designed that way intentionally?
oklaunion
SoTheySay said:

Castle Rock. So yes. Literally.
Point taken.
Frio Cielo
oklaunion said:

"As someone who literally cannot go anywhere without going through this intersection I feel like it is a blessing."

The only reason I want to comment on your statement is because you used the word 'literally'. If you live in CG, you have several options to go east, west, south, north using the WFParkway. How is the Fitch/Victoria intersection your ONLY choice?

How can you go east, west, south and north using WFParkway without going into the Victoria intersection? I suppose you can go out of CG onto GP and right or left out the way and eventually get on WFParkway or otherwise, but it sure would be out of the way if you live in the older section of CG.
SoTheySay
S
Oogway said:

Speaking of Castle Rock; will it ever have another entrance/exit or was it designed that way intentionally?

The corner of Fitch and Victoria behind CR is supposed to be commercial and multi family. About a year ago it came up again to be modified so that there was less commercial and more multi family but it did not go through.

Castle Rock Pkwy, the main road through CR, would connect to Victoria as part of that development.
montegobay
Exit from CG--WS Phillips goes to Barron too. Also, WS Phillips and take the road next to Spring Creek Elem. straight to Fitch. No light there.
Stucco
The light should have come with right turn lanes and better sensors given the amount of growth in the area and the time it took to install. And it should probably be flashing from 7pm to 5am too.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.