Pool contractor rec

2,187 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GigEm2006
ChampsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Builder recommended The Pool Guy. Wanting to get a few estimates. Any recommendations, good or bad.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Mobley Pools built ours recently.
We are happy with it.

Brannon Wright came by and promised a quote and never came back or even called.
75AG
AG
Sunshine built ours. Happy, except there's a plumbing issue that they've been promising to fix since before Christmas. It's a fill line, so not vital at this point. But frustrating they won't get it done.
JP76
Brannon Wright

979 229 0071

http://www.poolsbybrannon.com/index.html
meezermom
I've heard good things about the Pool Guy but we went with Sunshine and so far are quite happy. Highly recommend them.
jeep
AG
Whitley Cave at Swimming Pool Solutions 979-595-6065

They are awesome!
EliteElectric
Sunshine. They built mine in 2007 and several friends have used them as well, avoid Pool Guy if you can. They cleaned my pool for a while until I finally had enough and fired them. Sean the owner has a customer is always wrong attitude.
75AG
AG
Damn EE, that's harsh. I thought you CS business owners always had each other's back?
EliteElectric
I have the back of the people who act righteously, I don't blindly support other business owners simply by virtue of them owning businesses.

Several times during the time they cleaned my pool they did things below board and/or not up to snuff. They damaged my equipment, they damaged my property and every time it was a fight to get them to do what was fair and equitable. Finally I got tired of it and changed horses. My pool is 10 years old and we have had zero issues with maintenance outside of the short time the pool guy cleaned it.

Both the owner Sean and his manager Zack knew I was unhappy with all of the issues and considering firing them and their attitude was "no biggie we have hundreds of other customers". So I fired them and have been happy ever since, maybe they are equally happy to not be cleaning my pool.
4lilmonkeys
Try Todd Carnes with Paradise Oasis. He's been a builder for years, but just recently entered into the pool business. Built two last year for people we know and not only are they beautiful, but they seem to be very happy with the product and the time it took to get the work done.

*disclaimer, I work closely with him on the building side of things so take that for whatever it's worth.
75AG
AG
Thanks for that insight! Glad I'm using Sunshine.
nought
AG
EliteElectric said:

I have the back of the people who act righteously, I don't blindly support other business owners simply by virtue of them owning businesses.

Several times during the time they cleaned my pool they did things below board and/or not up to snuff. They damaged my equipment, they damaged my property and every time it was a fight to get them to do what was fair and equitable. Finally I got tired of it and changed horses. My pool is 10 years old and we have had zero issues with maintenance outside of the short time the pool guy cleaned it.

Both the owner Sean and his manager Zack knew I was unhappy with all of the issues and considering firing them and their attitude was "no biggie we have hundreds of other customers". So I fired them and have been happy ever since, maybe they are equally happy to not be cleaning my pool.

I see you said you went with Sunshine for the build -- are you also using them for maintenance? We've had some weird things happen maintenance-wise with our maintained-by-Pool-Guy pool that I was just chalking up to bad luck, but your post is making me think twice.
EliteElectric
I use a friend of mine who does it freelance, he's small and only does a handful of pools so he takes really good care of us, price point is the same as Mobley, Pool Guy etc.

I have zero experience with Sunshine for maintenance, but, I know the owner and he's a good guy so if it weren't for my current situation I would absolutely give them a shot.
313-7-12thMan
Another vote for Sunshine. Know the owner and he's a stand up guy.
vhz
The pool guy and specifically Zach always took great care of me. They serviced and cleaned my pool in Indian Lakes for 2 years before I sold it in late 2015. I'd highly recommend you give them a shot.
JHav
I have only had excellent experiences with The Pool Guy, especially Zach. Knowledge, friendliness and customer service are top notch. I would give him my business again without hesitation.
GigEm2006
AG
Pool Guy put in our pool in pebble creek and maintains it to this day, I've never had an issue with them and the pool seems to be in great condition.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.