Drum lessons

1,611 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CollegeStationMaid
gigemags87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

My son is an intermediate drummer and is looking to take up his game.

Interested in any recommendations for BCS drum teachers - with a focus on rock mainly.

Thanks.
mgreen
Guitar Center?
halibut sinclair
String and Horn Shop in downtown Bryan.
gigemags87
AG
Thanks. He planned to check out Guitar Center. I didn't know about the Bryan shop - will check into that.
BourbonOTR
Hunter Rhodes
979-204-2258

Average Joe
AG
What age?

I would contact the high schools, String and Horn shop, or Percussion Studio at TAMU. A lot of the students will do percussion and drum lessons on the side.
nthomas99
AG
My son takes lessons from Randy at Guitar Center and we really like him. He seems to be technically good and harps on fundamentals (proper hand placement, etc) which I get the impression is important as you progress further.

We had a private teacher last year recommended by a contact at the local high school, and though he was ok, I feel like my soon is making faster progress now with Randy.
nashvilleaggie11
I'd say Revive 45 Music but they don't offer drums. I second Randy as a good option.
gigemags87
AG
Thanks - will followup on these ideas.

He's 21 and a jr at aTm.
CollegeStationMaid
My son is 10 takes lessons with Geoff Zurcher at Thorn Music on University. His specialty is Rock Music. He's been taking lessons for three years.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.