Sports Medicine Recommendation

1,271 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 1.618
HoustonAg2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any suggestions on a good sports medicine physician?
aggiepaintrain
AG
JP Bramhall
LunitadelNox
Seconding Dr. Bramhall.

He did my knee last year. Great guy.
thesleepstation
Sponsor
AG
Bramhall... He did both of my shoulders.
Koko Chingo
AG
Dr. Barrow @ Scott & White on University Dr. specializes in sports medicine
BCStalk
Dr. Barrow is awesome. I use him as my primary and have zero complaints.
australopithecus robustus
Dr. Joe Iero. Awesome
O.G.
Just curious. Are you sure you need a physician or is it something that physical therapy can help?

Bramhall is great, I've been there many times, but I have also been to Troy Barnes at Airrosit, located in the physicians center.
Roc96
AG
Dr. Distefano with Central Texas Sports Medicine. Aggie team doctor, as well as for several local high schools.
HoustonAg2003
A little insight into my situation...last fall I self diagnosed myself with patellar tendonitis and have been rehabbing my knee under that assumption. So that rehab process has been composed of stretching, foam rolling, joint mobility routines and various leg strengthening exercises.

I've seen some progress but nothing substantial. I'm at the point where I'd like someone to weigh in on my situation and offer some direction on how to move forward.

I lead an active lifestyle so dealing with this has been exceptionally frustrating.
LunitadelNox
The only thing they can really do for you is prescribe heavy duty anti-inflammatory meds, which is what I got when I had pes anserine bursitis. Worth a shot to at least get a professional opinion.

I waited three weeks to see a doctor when I injured my knee, and it made things way worse for me in the long run. Took two years to recover, and still not fully. Also pretty active so it sucked.
Bigderk21
AG
Bramhall!
MemphisAg1
AG
Bramhall.
farmersfight
AG
I've seen Troy at Airrosti as well for my shin splints...others from my running group have seen him for various soft tissue injuries and has worked out well for all of them.
My son rolled his ankle for the umpteenth time. We have always taken him to Dr. Bramhall's group where they xray, prescribe anti-inflammatory meds, rest & ice then go through 6 weeks of PT. He has seen several docs there and we have always been pleased.

A month or so, he rolled his ankle again. It was suggested that we try Troy at Airrosti, who happens to be located across from Bramhall's old office at the Physician Center. 3 visits over a period of 2 weeks plus some at home exercises (that he also got with PT plan) and his ankle was back in business. It was quite remarkable.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.