Pre-AP Algebra 2 tutor?

1,486 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a smart Sophomore who is nonetheless struggling in math. I would love suggestions on tutors. Any Aggies looking to make some side money?
momlaw
AG
I have friends with high schoolers who drive from a nearby community to Mathnasium, have for several years. She thinks it is worth both time and money due to results with attitude and performance.
aggiemom89
Mathnasium really helped my son.
Tailgate88
AG
How much does it cost? Looks like they open at 2:00 so I'll give them a ring this afternoon.
biobioprof
Already done Khan Academy? My undergrads often say it saved them in HS.

Price is certainly right.
DBSwooper
E-mail me dirtbagswooper@gmail.com

My wife is a reformed civil engineer turned math teacher and she might be able to help.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
I googled pre ap courses and got this.....

"Pre-AP courses are designed for students who show a high level of aptitude for, interest in and/or commitment to English, World Geography, Algebra, Geometry, Biology, etc. Pre-AP courses are designed to teach students the skills necessary to be successful in Junior and Senior level AP (Advanced Placement) courses."

It is not a crime for a student to not have a high level of aptitude for a certain (or any) subject.

Not saying you fit this stereotype but in my experience (I'm an old with grandchildren) some parents approach this like Little League parents trying to turn a normal kid into the next baseball superstar.

I know, I was there. My first child was placed in what was the equivalent of AP classes due to my ego.

The child hated it and we placed the child back in the regular classes. Later the next child was requested to enroll and we declined.

Today one has an MBA and the other a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree.

Calm down, it will be alright.
Tailgate88
AG
Calm down? Ok.

She is bright and wants to do well in the class. Just trying to get her some help. We are headed to Mathnasium on Monday, thanks for the info.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.