"A Day Without Immigrants"

17,590 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Prescient
Esteban du Plantier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trackaggie76 said:

I didn't even notice---because I was too busy working!

FlyRod
The La Botana on George Bush on the south side of campus is good. Great breakfast stop.
reddestass16
AG
Y'all really think they enjoy being underpaid and scared for their lives and their families lives at being caught? Never mind the fact it's already near impossible to get in and stay in legally anyway...
isitjustme
AG
You know, a lot of them, esp the dreamers, are out front and outspoken on this. So I guess they're not all scared.

Also, they must enjoy their lifestyle here more than they don't enjoy being underpaid and the risk of being caught. Otherwise, they'd go home.
Stupe
S
reddestass16 said:

Y'all really think they enjoy being underpaid and scared for their lives and their families lives at being caught? Never mind the fact it's already near impossible to get in and stay in legally anyway...
Yes.

Everyone here thinks that people enjoy that.

freshfrenchfryfanatic
AG
I'm sure you are a nice person and mean well but...

What they are doing is ILLEGAL. Against the law. I'm sure it's hard for some people to pay taxes, not steal things, etc but guess what, we live in a country that has rules. We don't get to pick and chose which ones we follow.

The cool thing is there is a LEGAL way to go about getting to live here. If they don't want to obey the law they should make the trek to Canada. Seems like they are willing to accept everyone who crosses the border.
taxpreparer
AG
It is the left that don't seem to know the difference between legal and illegal immigrant.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
MosesHallRAB83
AG
reddestass16 said:

Never mind the fact it's already near impossible to get in and stay in legally anyway...
I challenge you to prove this as fact. I await citations to peer reviewed studies. . . . . . . .
Ulrich
reddestass16 said:

They didn't slip and fall across the border. There's a pretty failsafe way to avoid getting caught breaking the law.
BQ_90
AG
reddestass16 said:

then how have some been here so long to have kids that then are in college?.

Also they can go home if it's so bad here.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
reddestass16 said:

Scared at being caught doing what, exactly?

This is a serious question for reddestass16. I would like this poster to answer the question they themselves invited.

Why would law-abiding citizens be scared at being caught?

Answer the question and don't try and weasel out of it.
DoubleTap45
Apparently the Los Cucos on Hwy. 6 by the Kroger in Bryan was closed on the "Day Without Immigrants." I don't know about the C/S one, but my guess would be that one closed as well.

That's too bad, they have pretty good fajitas (although most everything there is kind of overpriced). But I am confident I can find somewhere else to enjoy that dish!
Prescient
reddestass16 said:

You really don't know what you're talking about. I know of a student whose mother brought the two of them here legally when she was in the 8th grade. The summer before her sophomore year at A&M, before their green card expired, they applied for citizenship and 8 months later were sworn in as citizens.

It's NOT "near impossible" to come and stay legally. It's simple and straight forward.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process.html
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/ptAllFormsAverage.do

Learn the facts. Stop listening to the media. They are not to be trusted.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.