Lick creek greenway

4,133 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by starbuck128
beefly95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's open. Has anyone traversed it yet? What are your favorite parts? Thinking of making a solo trip today and don't want to get lost ha ha
montegobay
It's nice once you get past the power station coming from 6. In Pebble Creek, it runs along the street and then into the park. Lots of people using it every time we've been on it. Nice trail(concrete). I do wonder how much all those fake animal prints cost
MrsGDub04
AG
We did it yesterday and really enjoyed it! Our 6 year old even made the trip (one way)!
beefly95
Thanks!
KidDoc
AG
I walk the first 1.5 miles from Pebble Creek several times a week and it is really nice. I did cross paths with a hog family at dusk near the small pond so watch out for them. That part of the path is great! As mentioned the construction and power station near highway 6 are not appealing. I have not been west of highway 6 yet so cannot comment. Lick Creek itself is unchanged with dirt trails.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
91_Aggie
AG
I've run it many times. It's a huge sidewalk the whole way so you can't get lost.
farmersfight
AG
Nice path, just hope the wind isn't coming from the NE when going by the old landfill.
91_Aggie
AG
I've run that path many times and never smelled anything. And if there was a smell associated with it you know we would have heard about it from the Pebble Creekians.
Jetty
AG
Where do you park? Lick Creek?
InMyOpinion
91_Aggie said:

I've run that path many times and never smelled anything. And if there was a smell associated with it you know we would have heard about it from the Pebble Creekians.

There is an occasional smell. I come across it a couple times a month on Fitch between the golf maintenance building and the creek. Now it is somewhat subtle but distinct and nothing like the crap smell you have at spring loop and university
beefly95
AKA the "poop loop"
BaitShack
AG
Deleted upon discretion.
BaitShack
AG
It's the better part of valor.
91_Aggie
AG
Jetty said:

Where do you park? Lick Creek?

I live off of Barron... running down Barron 1/2 mile to get to the entrance on the east side of the Barron overpass. Running that way, down to Lick Creek, through Lick Creek to Rock Prairie then coming back on Fitch is about a 11 mile route for me.
Agstro
AG
Speaking of Lick Creek and smells...I've always been curious whether the Waste Water facility on the Lick Creek site ever stinks up the place? Anybody know?
waterworks
AG
We haven't gotten an odor complaint at the Lick Creek Plant in as long as I've been here, over 10 years. But you'd have to hear from the folks who frequent the Park to see what they say, it might be possible that they simply don't call in. But we take great care to avoid causing any odors.
KidDoc
AG
Agstro said:

Speaking of Lick Creek and smells...I've always been curious whether the Waste Water facility on the Lick Creek site ever stinks up the place? Anybody know?
I've never noticed an odor. The main complaint I have, aside from lots of standing water and mosquitos, is the noise from Texas World Speedway on the weekends.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
beefly95
I can't find a decent map to the greenway. Anyone have a link?
KidDoc
AG
91_Aggie
AG
beefly95 said:

that map above is not correct after one subdivision thrrew a fit and was worried about "those people" walking near the creek behind their houses.

The trail starts on Eagle avenue a little East of Victoria.
You take the sidewalk all the way to Longmire.
Head south on Longmire to Barron.
Turn East on Barron and follow signs at hwy 6 frontage road to go underpass and you'll see an obvious trailhead on east side of Hwy 6 frontage.

That sidewalk goes through previously undeveloped land and eventually hits William Fitch at the bridge over whatever creek that is that is East of Pebble Creek Park way.

It goes under that bridge, goes behind some Pebble creek houses, then part of the golf course, then hits Pebble Creek Parkway. You just keep going South on Pebble creek parkway until you hit the Lick Creek Trailhead.

KidDoc
AG
91_Aggie said:

beefly95 said:

that map above is not correct after one subdivision thrrew a fit and was worried about "those people" walking near the creek behind their houses.

The trail starts on Eagle avenue a little East of Victoria.
You take the sidewalk all the way to Longmire.
Head south on Longmire to Barron.
Turn East on Barron and follow signs at hwy 6 frontage road to go underpass and you'll see an obvious trailhead on east side of Hwy 6 frontage.

That sidewalk goes through previously undeveloped land and eventually hits William Fitch at the bridge over whatever creek that is that is East of Pebble Creek Park way.

It goes under that bridge, goes behind some Pebble creek houses, then part of the golf course, then hits Pebble Creek Parkway. You just keep going South on Pebble creek parkway until you hit the Lick Creek Trailhead.

That is correct. The map is the "proposed pathway" and they had to alter it a bit but it was the one I could find quickly!
beefly95
Yep. I've seen that one and it is old. Maybe city parks will release final version.
starbuck128
AG
http://imgur.com/l8qYbqd

I don't know how to post a photo.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.