KBTX did I hear that right?

8,652 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BrazosDog02
Scoopen Skwert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reporter just said Marine corpse! Where do they get these kids from?
KBTX 501
Yep, you did. Two failures. One, the report. Two, no one checked it. It is being addressed. Unfortunately, yes, you heard it right. -Mike Wright, VP General Mgr, KBTX
Scoopen Skwert
AG

Thank you and Gig'em for the response.
KBTX 501
Frustrating. All I got at the moment.
Eliminatus
AG
I sense drunken veterans unsheathing knife hands everywhere.

Sharpening mine now...
b0ridi
Not as bad as whatever talk-to-text program they're using to write the content on their website.
Stupe
S
How could anyone in this area over the age of 13 not know how to pronounce the word "corps"?
isitjustme
AG
As I'm sure you recall, Obama did it twice in one speech he read off his best friend - the TelePrompTer - on February 4, 2010
armymom
Happens all the time with A&M's Corpse of Cadets!
Crusader
Obama did say Marine CORPSE twice in a speech. But how could he have known? He was only their Commander in Chief!
aggiepublius
AG
Glad to see the masses upset when KBTX does something really wrong.

(Yes this was a stupid error but in the scheme of things to be upset about that they have done in the past, it is merely annoying).
InMyOpinion
Based on how quickly KBTX responded to OP, you can almost assume Mike Wright had a discussion with someone at the station - assuming he wasn't already there. And then immediately checked TexAgs cause he knew it would be topic.
Picadillo
Heard that too. Unbelievable. When you have less than one percent of your country serving, that's what you get.
Jinx
ITT the same types of people that like to give so- called "special little snowflakes" a hard time about getting their feelings hurt.

C'mon folks. It really is a trivial mistake that seems to have already been addressed.
originaltexan
Ease up.

They do a great job in the mornings for the Applause. Lots of difficult names some times.
TellMeMore
Obama did it as well talking about a Navy "corpsman" when he was Commander in Chief.
meezermom
They mispronounce at least two things in every story they run, and that's if they aren't stumbling over reading the teleprompter. Everybody knows that, it's not exactly breaking news.
PS3D
Stupe said:

How could anyone in this area over the age of 13 not know how to pronounce the word "corps"?
I distinctly remember being picked up from South Knoll just off of Langford Street when someone in my family called me out for referring to a certain N64 game (still in stores!) as "Blast Corpse".
agfan1030
Gee, people mispronounce words all the time. I embarrassed myself in college giving a presentation with the word that I knew ... polygamy. I got to that word and hit a wall. Had a brain fart and pronounced it incorrectly. I knew right away and was so embarrassed. Lighten up people. Glad there was no social media/forums back then. I would have been the laugh of the day.
Stupe
S
You weren't 13.
95_Aggie
AG
It's awesome that there are so many perfect people on this board.
Sleepnumber
AG
AGnCS said:

It's awesome that there are so many perfect people on this board.
Wondering why alleged college graduates don't know the difference between corps and corpse makes you perfect? Wondering why crack jounrnalists can't read a teleprompter makes you perfect?
Are there any expectations from anyone or do we just keep dumbing things down.
AggiePirate
AG
originaltexan said:

Ease up.

They do a great job in the mornings for the Applause. Lots of difficult names some times.
Yeah when they remember to include the request. Ours didnt make it in the next business day, or the next bla bla. Its ok I took a few days off work and already processed my feelings and did several blog posts about it.
59in79
AG
This TV station is so frigging liberal it is not a real surprise!!!! They run off all of their conservative reporters/anchors.
75AG
AG
59in79 said:

This TV station is so frigging liberal it is not a real surprise!!!! They run off all of their conservative reporters/anchors.
The reporters at this station are too young/ inexperienced to have a political agenda.
FlyRod
Who were the conservative reporters/anchors who got ran off?
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Didn't George Will work there years back?
jja79
AG
They don't have reporters. They have kids trying to learn to read copy on camera and then move to a bigger market. This is an entry level position.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
I love the KBTX condemnation when they make a mistake.

I think they are the same people that say they never watch KBTX.

I chuckle when I see that.If they never watch how do they know they made a mistake?
AggiePirate
AG
Came across a gem this evening. Didn't even know it was there, because I don't get around to this particular parking lot much. A bit of targeted marketing I think.

AggiePirate
AG
Also RIPip Blockbuster, formerly 2-Day Video.
Scotch
AG
I'm not getting the targeted marketing statement.
AggiePirate
AG
Makes sense.
Stupe
S
Scotch said:

I'm not getting the targeted marketing statement.
Same here.
atm86
AG
75AG said:

59in79 said:

The reporters at this station are too young/ inexperienced to have a political agenda.
Wonder how many marched on campus?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.