Mechanic?

2,335 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ryandawg
Ryandawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Driving home from Houston on 290 late Sunday night and hit something big that fell out of (or off of) someone's car. It ended up messing up my car and several others that were in different lanes. One got flat tires, one got their bumper ripped off, and mine got the plastic guard ripped off from under the engine and the front side panel of the car torn off.

All the cars managed to make it to Bucees so we were able to see what happened to everyone. Unbelievably, my car still seems to run fine and I was able to make it home safely. I inspected under the car and there doesn't seem to be any damage (other than the plastic cover).

So I was just wondering, does anyone have a good recommendation for a place to take a car to have it looked at just to make sure? The dealership has a really long wait and even though the car somehow still runs, if given the choice, I'd love to find a reliable, trustworthy place that could just give it a quick once-over. I'll take it to a body shop later for the cosmetic stuff.

Thanks!
marrocco
The Bug Clinic has always done right by me.
BCStalk
+1 on The Bug Clinic. Bill is good and honest.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
If it's just body damage take it to a body shop. I like Jack WInslow body shop on Graham Road. I had something similar happen not long ago.
mamagutz
CarDoc on Harvey
toolshed
AG
We have had good experiences with Caliber Collision in Bryan near downtown. Very easy to work with, good quality work thus far on the jobs we have had done. I surprised to be honest.

Edit: Just realized you meant mechanically. I don't know what they do as far as mechanics, I originally assumed you meant for the repair work.
Maedan86
AG
I'd take it to B&B in Bryan for check over. Great guys, honest, trustworthy.
JimDandy
Pilger's, on University, has always treated me fairly.
Muzzleblast
+1 for Matt and Clay at B&B Automotive in Bryan.
BrandoC
AG
C & L Autocare in Bryan. Make sure where ever you take it to make sure you come off as somebody who knows
about mechanic work and motors and then they will know better to not try and jip you off.
TKDMom
I trust all our cars to Brooks Benskin with A&B Automotive. He's been taking care of my vehicles since 1986.
Ryandawg
Thanks. If I go through insurance, which type of claim would it be? And would it raise my rates so much as to make it better to just pay cash instead?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.