CSISD Elementary School #10 - It's Happening!

8,093 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PS3D
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
CS78 said:

bird said:

Bingo. ISD stuck it to the residents with their social engineering. Free market responded by young families refocusing west of Hwy 6.

And it's happening again with people moving out of Edelweiss. That neighborhood will have more rent houses than ownership houses within a couple of years. Once that happens, those precious percentage numbers will change every year.
Oogway
That really baffles me; I mean it's their choice and all, but that is a great neighborhood. Close to an awesome elementary, middle school up the street and Consol right up the road. Even better, none of the insane traffic to wade through just to get to their part of town. Once the new intermediate and middle schools open they will have the best of both worlds--close to campus and close to commerce, doctors, etc. There was nothing available there back when we were looking but maybe we should look again...

ETA--the new int/middle schools opening should lessen some of the neighborhood traffic by parents who drop off students in the middle o the road.
BigBubba
AG
txgardengirl said:

CS78 - there was some movement for the pretty high school (which is now overcrowded too) but a lot of it is that there are not starter homes for young families on the east side. There aren't many anywhere tbh, but there is not a home that you can buy and go to PC elementary for under $290 normally. There also aren't any homes on the east side that are out of city limits (engineered on one acre lots to avoid city taxes)
Bingo! This whole idea that there was a mass exodus of people moving from the "East Side" to the "West Side" because of the schools baffles me. I live on the East side and I do not know of a single family that did that moved for that reason. Quite the opposite, I know many that did NOT want to get zoned to the new High School and wanted to stay where they are at.

GardenGirl hit the nail on the head. The people I know that did move from east to west were because they were wanting acreage lots and those don't exist on the east side (at least that are affordable). Also, there are zero starter homes on the east side right now. First time home buyers are most likely buying on the west side. If they ever get the Race Track neighborhood going then that will change a lot.
BigBubba
AG
Stupe said:

And it's happening again with people moving out of Edelweiss. That neighborhood will have more rent houses than ownership houses within a couple of years.
If people are moving out of Edelweiss because of the school, I imagine it might be because their kids have been in those schools since elementary and did not want to get rezoned from a bunch of their friends? For these people, it would be a one time adjustment. It doesn't mean that all the schools for Edelweiss suck and nobody wants to live there as a result.
Stupe
S
I have never once said that any of the schools in the school district "sucked".

As a matter of fact, I have heard very few people say that any of the schools "suck" and my peer group has kids in just about every school in the district. The only person that I've heard specifically mention "good schools vs bad schools" was the lady at one of the hearings that was complaining about things not being fair.

The narrative that people are choosing good schools over bad schools is load of crap.

Quote:

If people are moving out of Edelweiss because of the school, I imagine it might be because their kids have been in those schools since elementary and did not want to get rezoned from a bunch of their friends?

That's exactly the reason that people I know are moving out of that area. It has nothing to do with thinking that the other schools "suck".

Quote:

For these people, it would be a one time adjustment.
Yes, for the people moving it will be a one time adjustment but for the neighborhood it won't. Most of the buyers looking at those houses are investment buyers and not people putting down neighborhood roots. It's going to become largely students and starter families within a couple of years and the demographics will change on regular basis.
txgardengirl
I just want to know where they are going to go. House prices on new construction and limited availability may surprise those wanting to move to stay with friends.

For the record, I'm an eastside gangster too
Stupe
S
Castlegate II, Creek Meadows, Bridgewood, and Baron Crest all have a bunch of new construction. There is a lot of less expensive housing available in Shenandoah and Dove Crossing. As far as price, I would think that anyone that would consider moving for that reason would probably have the means to do so.

For the record, I'm specifically talking about Edelweiss and people that were surprised about the north / south line moving past Rock Prairie.
txgardengirl
The average price of current listings in the neighborhoods you listed is $355,446

With 118 on the market (new construction and current in the MLS) there are only 6 under $275,000 with small lots compared to Edelweiss. There are only 7 active homes listed in Edelweiss Estates/Gartens

I think it's going to be interesting to say the least!
PS3D
They delayed the opening of ES10 by another year. They specifically cited the roads being underbuilt as currently and the capacity at elementary schools can let it be delayed.

They also released that the new Middle School would be called "Wellborn Middle School" (and keeping with the theme, would there be a "Wellborn High School" later down the line?)
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.