Gun Corps College Station

46,997 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DontBeTriggered
dallasag00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just realized that these guys shut their doors. They have one of my guns and were supposed to be installing accessories on it and now doors are locked and phone number doesn't work. Anyone have any information on these guys?
nashvilleaggie11
Maybe try to message them on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Guncorpsllc/?fref=ts

That sucks.
dallasag00
AG
I have with no reply. My hope is that some people on here know who the owners were so I can contact directly. Really poorly handled situation.
BCStalk
Burdett and Sons. Sadly you are not the only person having issues with them. Hopefully it gets resolved. But seriously look into Burdett. They are extremely honest good people.
AggiePhil
AG
They have promised to make things right on their Facebook page. I believe they left an email address to contact them at.
toolshed
AG
They stated on their FB page post regarding the closure that they were working to resolve jobs in progress. I'm sure you've seen it but here is the email they offered.

Info@gun-corps.com

If that doesn't work, I can find a contact for one of the owners, I know his father, not so much him.

CS78
They have been thorough in responding to that email address. I have a number if you don't get an answer.
Post removed:
by user
Cancelled
AG
I never went in, but how does a gun store go out of business in CS? I'm thinking location...what a bad location.
kyledr04
AG
Texas Gun Co closed too. I bet it's a very competitive market with Burdette and Champion in town plus the Internet and Eyeguy. And, the Obama gun scare didn't last.
BCStalk
I am curious if it is related to Marksman Academy selling. I don't know if they were owned by the same family.
Alte Schule
Their operation and on hand inventory, in my opinion, was geared towards customers that enjoy "tactical" type firearms and accessories. Nothing wrong with that, I own a couple myself, but it is a niche market and, although I prefer to patronize local businesses, quite frankly you could find better prices on line and at other local shops than what they offered.
When they first opened on Old College Rd. I went in a few times and found the young staff to be friendly and accommodating. When they branched out to buying/leasing Marksman Academy and opening a new store in CS I thought they must be doing well. Right after they opened their new place I went in to find their firearm inventory about 25% of what it was prior to their move but a large selection tactical knives and some optics. Nothing I cared to spend my money on and obviously I wasn't the only one. Sorry to hear when a local business goes under. Hopefully they will make things right for he OP and others
Ornlu
AG
I went in about two years ago, looking for a Beretta 9mm. They proceed to lecture me about how SIG is the only responsible choice for concealed carry and how anyone who wouldn't spend $1100 on a handgun is basically condemning their loved ones to be raped. I rolled my eyes, left angry , and haven't been back sense.

AggiePhil
AG
BCStalk said:

I am curious if it is related to Marksman Academy selling. I don't know if they were owned by the same family.

Two separate deals. GC didn't own the range, they just operated it under their name for a short while. That didn't go so well so the range owners went back to operating it. Then family issues arose and now it's closed.
Cancelled
AG
I never knew what they people were. i met one in a CHL class. He was dressed in swat clothes. Talked incessantly about glocks. The guy had a BS anecdote for everything the instructor said. I swear this guy was looking to kill someone in self defense.
Alte Schule
AggiePhil said:

BCStalk said:

Two separate deals. GC didn't own the range, they just operated it under their name for a short while. That didn't go so well so the range owners went back to operating it. Then family issues arose and now it's closed.
That's what I understood. GC leased the range for a while and tried to develop it into some type of tactical training center. I went out a once and found yahoo warriors and tannerite target shooters. Couldn't concentrate so I left after a half hour or so. I wasn't wearing any camo so I felt out of place anyway.
The Marksman Academy FB page indicates it has sold the property to someone that will reopen the range and honor current memberships. The tentative reopen date was 1/1/17 but as of last week it still appeared to be closed.
Justified
I called Friday and on the recording they were hoping for 2/3/17
Blue Bell Ag
AG
BCStalk said:

Burdett and Sons. Sadly you are not the only person having issues with them. Hopefully it gets resolved. But seriously look into Burdett. They are extremely honest good people.

How would Burdett help in this situation?
dallasag00
AG
Update - received an email back over the weekend asking to meet this week. However, my questions of 1) do you have my gun, 2) how about the accessories ordered through you guys have not been answered. Hopefully I can at least recover my rifle. Still can't believe no one contacted me.
BCStalk
Do business with established companies that don't put up shop and close it soon after.
legalbird
For items ordered, hopefully you used a credit card.

Contact your credit card company asap. That is your absolute best bet.
Stupe
S
BCStalk said:

Do business with established companies that don't put up shop and close it soon after.
Whenever I hear people make that statement, I have a difficult time not laughing.

They might as well say, "Hey, don't support new businesses. But if you do, use your ability to see into the future and don't do business with someone that is going to close up soon after they open."

BCStalk
I'd agree with you had I not tried to do business with these guys in the past. Unfortunately for them, we already had two gun stores in town that offered better and more knowledgeable services. I'll stick to spending that kind of money with a company I can trust.
dallasag00
AG
Still nothing from these guys. If anyone has a phone number for the owner Joel it would be greatly appreciated. I can be reached via PM.
CS78

QuitTrippin
I know someone who went to jail for something like holding/selling property owned by customers.

Call the police and see what they think.

cslifer
I would get in contact with the closest ATF office. He ultimately answers to them as he has a FFL, and they do not take kindly to this sort of behavior.
txyaloo
AG
cslifer said:

I would get in contact with the closest ATF office. He ultimately answers to them as he has a FFL, and they do not take kindly to this sort of behavior.
How so? He doesn't appear to be breaking any regulatory rules. This is a completely civil issue and the BATFE won't get involved.
aggiepaintrain
AG
so theft is now civil?
ok
AggiePhil
AG
This stuff unfortunately happens all the time and in my experience, the ATF largely stays out of it unless the business was breaking regulatory firearms laws. I know guys who had suppressors on Form 4 hold at shops that went out of business and the ATF told them it was civil and to go after the shop through civil channels.
cslifer
If the firearms are reported stolen it is obviously no longer civil. Make reasonable effort to get it back, then file a theft report.
I think that the situation the OP has is different than the form 4 holds mentioned above, because even if law enforcement recovered them you still can't have it yet.
Oogway
Dallas--I don't know if this helps you or not, but I believe the center is owned by a company in California. I don't know the reason the place that has your gun closed, but perhaps you can reach out to the center's owners and see if they can help you access your property? It could be that their (GunCorps) assets were seized due to nonpayment or something? Hope you are able to get your issue resolved.
txyaloo
AG
cslifer said:

If the firearms are reported stolen it is obviously no longer civil. Make reasonable effort to get it back, then file a theft report.
I think that the situation the OP has is different than the form 4 holds mentioned above, because even if law enforcement recovered them you still can't have it yet.
You're assuming PD will take a theft report. Most won't in this type of situation. As much as people would like it to be considered theft, it isn't. It's a civil contract issue.

With respect to a form 4 transfer, the FFL owns the NFA item until the physical transfer is made. Again, BATFE won't get involved. I held a manufacturing FFL multiple years. I don't agree with what Gun Corps i doing, but it isn't theft.
CS78
txyaloo said:

Quote:

With respect to a form 4 transfer, the FFL owns the NFA item until the physical transfer is made. Again, BATFE won't get involved. I held a manufacturing FFL multiple years. I don't agree with what Gun Corps i doing, but it isn't theft.

So the ATF approves a form 4 to transfer a can in to my name, I never get it, and they are just going to let things ride like that?
Al Bula
AG
I'd be blowing up this nonsense through any and all channels. TV, radio, FB, Twitter, etc.

A gun is not something to be messed around with. Time to file a police report.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.