Recommendation for gym in CS for old geezer

2,471 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggie82x2
Rockdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm retired, getting old and kinda soft. Anybody have any recs where an old guy like me wouldn't feel to shamed by the younger generation. Seriously just looking for treadmill and machines for light workouts 3 or 4 days a week without breaking the bank every month. I will get out and visit them all but thought I'd first ask for recs.
TLIAC
AG
Planet Fitness is very inexpensive. Anytime Fitness is pretty low key and open 24/7.

I have really enjoyed going to a trainer. I pay $100 a month and go twice a week. It is usually just me or me and 1-4 other people but we always get personal attention. He is pretty amazing. If you are interested email me at thisladyisacop at gmail and I'll share his information. He has helped me tremendously.
Oogway
One of my neighbors is also retired and is happy with Planet Fitness as well.
meinkee
St Joe rehab gym. most people start there after a medical issue. Many stay as it is small but works for older gen. equipment is good,varied. Self directed workout.It isn' t a look at me place. It is a get healthy place
FlyRod
I go to Golds in Bryan and there are quite a few seniors there. There was a WW2 veteran a few years ago still working out there!
Kitten With A Whip
I really like Planet Fitness. I got the dollar down and 10 dollars a month plan and haven't looked back! Employee's are very friendly and helpful, but leave me alone for the most part, which is how I prefer it. There is a nice mix of people there, but not much in the way of the "oh look how buff I am" types.
Rockdoc
AG
Thanks for all the good replies guys.
02skiag
AG
Planet Fitness matches exactly what you are looking for
TAMU1990
AG
There are a lot of older people at the Aerofit on Longmire in the mornings - if you are looking to meet people. They are friendly.
woodometer
AG
I would encourage you to check out Super Slow in the CS Med Office Building in College Station. It is appointment based with a trainer which helps you to go when you are supposed to. It is a little more expensive than a typical gym membership but I think you will like the results.
Psychag
AG
Another endorsement for Planet Fitness, as long as you don't need individual training. Inexpensive and plenty of machines to use. Plenty of elder citizens attend. I've been there 2 years and enjoy it greatly.
befitter
Lots of seniors at Golds Gym in CS or Bryan.
ChiefHaus
I was speaking to an older gentleman at Aerofit on Longmire and he was telling me his insurance paid for his membership dues at Aerofit. Not sure if they will pay for them at any gym, but worth looking into. Could make your membership free at the gym you end up choosing. Called it the "silver sneakers" program. I am a member there for the pool (although it is a short pool) and the steamroom as well as location to my home. I am not a huge fan of it, but a pool is a must for me.
JayMM_02
AG
I'm looking to switch from Gold's to Planet Fitness. If I don't get to Gold's by 5:20PM, all the treadmills are taken until around 6:30PM. For those of you that go after work, is that also the case at Planet Fitness? Their commercials make it sound like they have a lot more machines. I mainly use the treadmill, and would want to go right after work but without having to speed just in order to claim a machine.
Rockdoc
AG
I'm going to join planet fitness tomorrow. When I checked it out, they had a LOT of treadmills. More than golds I'm pretty sure.
Psychag
AG
I've never had an issue getting a treadmill or elliptical machine at Planet Fitness and I generally get there at 5:30 p.m. during weekday.
Chris98
AG
depending on where you're located, SNAP Fitness, at FM 158 & Copperfield, would probably work well for you
Aggie82x2
AG
Sending you an email for the trainer info!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.