KBTX: Steve Fullhart leaving

12,922 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dave99ag
bcsag75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have heard through the grapevine, that Steve Fullhart was fired/resigned/released fromKBTX. Anyone know for sure??
dubi
AG
Well that sucks if true. He was actually talented.
classicdoug
AG
He released a statement that he resigned.
AgResearch
AG
AgResearch
AG
Kbeauty63
AG
Well that sucks
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Damn! Thats a bfd. Hes good at what he does. A serious newsman reminiscent of days of old. Hope Karla isn't thinking of moving.
Kitten With A Whip
Wow... Sorry to see him go. He's one of the few who shows true professionalism no matter which role he found himself in. Best wishes to him!

This is a huge loss for KBTX.
Rapier108
So that's why Karla has been by herself.

And I suspect he was forced out. KBTX has been a dumpster fire for a long time.
MosesHallRAB83
AG

Quote:

Can you or anyone expound on this? I moved here almost 2 years ago and KBTX has been our go to for local news.

What's the dumpster fire comment mean? Yes I know the lingo, but what is the eff up it refers to?

Why forced out?
Rapier108
MosesHallRAB83 said:

Quote:

Can you or anyone expound on this? I moved here almost 2 years ago and KBTX has been our go to for local news.

What's the dumpster fire comment mean? Yes I know the lingo, but what is the eff up it refers to?

Why forced out?
It's only my opinion that I think he was forced out; I can't prove it, but it would fit with some of the things they've done in the past.

That said, the management at KBTX has been atrocious for a long time. The best example is how they got rid of Bob French.

[edit: please be respectful of other posters as you state your opinion -staff]
Tailgate88
MiMi
S
Bummer. I really liked him. I wonder if this is why they brought back Michael Oder.
mgreen
Big loss. Steve was very professional and you could tell he loved his job and the community. The reporting he did on the David Romeo trial was award winning. That us when he hooked me.
DeckMe80
If Steve is truly good at informational and investigative reporting then he should move on to national media. Those talents are sorely missing in that arena.
Carnwellag2
What's he doing now
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
DeckMe80 said:

If Steve is truly good at informational and investigative reporting then he should move on to national media. Those talents are sorely missing in that arena.
he really was good at this kinda stuff.

he's a serious journalist....kind of a throwback to the old days of real investigative journalism. someone you take seriously when he has something to report.

at least this was my own personal opinion of him.
Picadillo
Really liked him; a true news man that I could trust. God speed and best wishes Steve.

I hear the O'Rielly time slot is up for grabs.
75AG
AG
Not be be a smartass, but did he really do any reporting? Or just read a TelePrompTer?
isitjustme
AG
Steve did a lot of reporting. The first 10-11 years with KBTX he was a reporter and was always in the thick of a story. His last 2-3 years he was an anchor (shoulda been sooner), and he was professional and believable b/c of his many solid years as a really good reporter.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
did a google search for him and he's a tough guy to track down now. most of the stuff that comes up is about him at KBTX or people asking why he left KBTX.
halibut sinclair
Spotted him at Carney's on St. Patrick's Day.
DontBeTriggered
I can actually watch KBTX now. I'm sorry, but he has been my least favorite anchor at KBTX. He's a nice guy but I did not like his reporting and his personality was way too introverted. He's meant for radio or behind the scenes.
isitjustme
AG
Counterpoint:

The new 6:00 KBTX anchor team is so bad that I just switched over to KAGS. They may not be awesome, but I don't expect much from KAGS, plus I get to see Bob. KBTX is a big letdown. Bring back Steve (I have no idea what happened with him so I don't know if that's even possible) and partner him with Carla.
oklaunion
Rusty is different but I always thought Fullhart was constantly dogging the weather dude and trying to be a smart ass with him. Especially at the end of every broadcast.
Downside of KAGS is watching Bob.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
wana see a bad broadcast?

the KBTX Sun night broadcasts are awful. they really gota step their game up on the weekends at least.
MosesHallRAB83
AG
i'm sorry, but wtf are you people expecting out of a local news broadcast?

I want the news. Period.

dave99ag
AG
Hot takes.

Word is there are a lot of TV personalities available this week. Maybe CS is their next destination.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.