Tree Removal Services

2,397 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PBR
fairrobh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I own between six and seven acres in Wickson Valley, and have quite a bit of dead fall, trees, logs, stumps, etc. that we would like removed.

My lawn maintenance company recommended Woody at Just Trees for the job. I emailed and called several times. Each time I call, I get Woody's voicemail and I tell him what my needs are and to please return my call. Nothing.

I searched Texags - Aggieland and found a thread (late 2016) on tree removal and Andy with Professional Tree Service got high marks. I emailed Andy yesterday and just hung up the phone after leaving a message in response to a voicemail.

What is the deal with tree removal services? Is there just so much work our there that there is no time or wherewithal to go after more work?

This is a pretty sizeable job - do any of you Texagers know anyone that is in the tree removal business that will actually return my phone call?

TIA
InMyOpinion
I recommend Andy, I have used him 3 times. Always seemed fairly busy so it was a day or 2 before he got back to me. Each time I did say that it was not urgent except the time I had a tree fall on my house, he responded within a couple hours. I always called him, never emailed.
fairrobh
AG
Thanks. Admittedly, I have not given Andy enough time to return my phone call.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Andy did work for me, very reasonable and professional. I would call him a couple times. He's busy I'm sure.
JP76
I've used this guy and he has always been reasonable and done a great job.

Spencer

979 676 2103
toolshed
AG
Call Kris at KC Services. They do general construction work, clean up, tree and stump removal, etc.. They have a larger bobcat machine and grapple that can remove the tree debris and a spade to remove the stumps if that allows, or they can use a stump grinder as well. On a larger acreage property, they could get it done quickly and efficiently.

His number is 979-219-0503
nthomas99
AG
If you're not in a rush, I'd wait for Andy. I've used him 2 or 3 times over the years and his quotes always come in near the bottom (for anyone bonded, that is, not just somebody with a chainsaw) and he does a great job. It's kind of amazing to watch the crew seamlessly soft land limb after limb even in tight space
studioone
+1 for kc services.
hihozippo
AG
Andy. He was way cheaper (by half!) any other tree service in town. I had a tree in the fenceline at a townhouse that needed to be removed. Lots of structures around, but he got it done with no damage to anything.
BigBubba
AG
fairrobh said:

I emailed Andy yesterday and just hung up the phone after leaving a message in response to a voicemail.
I don't understand this sentence.

Call Andy. Best prices by far. I have used him multiple times as have some of my friends.
fairrobh
AG
Sorry - I called Andy and got his voicemail. Left a message - still no call back. I'll try him again tomorrow.
AG @ HEART
Steve Marchant (979) 255-4281
JR Ewing
AG
Brazos Valley Stump and Grind....
techno-ag
AG
JR Ewing said:

Brazos Valley Stump and Grind....
fairrobh
AG
After another unsuccessful day of calling Professional Tree Services (voicemail - left multiple messages - no return phone call), I called Kris at KC Services and he picked-up immediately. He is meeting me at my property today to walk the property and provide a quote for the work.

FWIW... If any of you are friends with the two tree removal services I tried to contact to no avail, I would advise them to take phone calls for future jobs no matter how busy they are.

As an example, this past fall I needed a new driveway for my house in Houston. I called the highest rated / reviewed residential concrete company I could find, and they immediately sent a very professional sales person to my house to scope the job and provide an immediate quote. The quote came in for a thousand dollars less than I was expecting. Before I accepted the quote, the sales person informed me that it would be at least twelve weeks, contingent upon the weather, before they had a crew available to do the job. A 10% down payment would hold my place in line. You know what? I had needed a new driveway for quite some time, what was twelve more weeks in order to hire the best? They completed the work in early December, and did a beautiful job.

Based on the reviews and recommendations for Professional Tree Services, I might have been patient as to when the work could get done as well, if they would have come in with a reasonable quote.
Post removed:
by user
Hammerheadjim
AG
fairrobh said:

After another unsuccessful day of calling Professional Tree Services (voicemail - left multiple messages - no return phone call), I called Kris at KC Services and he picked-up immediately. He is meeting me at my property today to walk the property and provide a quote for the work.

FWIW... If any of you are friends with the two tree removal services I tried to contact to no avail, I would advise them to take phone calls for future jobs no matter how busy they are.

As an example, this past fall I needed a new driveway for my house in Houston. I called the highest rated / reviewed residential concrete company I could find, and they immediately sent a very professional sales person to my house to scope the job and provide an immediate quote. The quote came in for a thousand dollars less than I was expecting. Before I accepted the quote, the sales person informed me that it would be at least twelve weeks, contingent upon the weather, before they had a crew available to do the job. A 10% down payment would hold my place in line. You know what? I had needed a new driveway for quite some time, what was twelve more weeks in order to hire the best? They completed the work in early December, and did a beautiful job.

Based on the reviews and recommendations for Professional Tree Services, I might have been patient as to when the work could get done as well, if they would have come in with a reasonable quote.
LOL, Professional Tree Services.... Prissy little company.
KC services is good folks!
PBR
I called Andy at Professional Tree Services today at 4:30 pm today & he returned my call at 5.15 pm...Scheduled a trimming job for Monday @ 830 am....Business as usual as it has been for the last 10 years........
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.