Anybody go to Taco Crave today?

3,724 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Some Other Guy
michellecan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How was it?
Raven
S
My secretary went around 11. She was not overly impressed. Will give it a try later this week.
malibu9in1
It was good. But nothing to write home about.
DontBeTriggered
Too many taco places. I'm happy with the Jack in the Box tacos. I don't need fancy fufu, I just want simple, cheap and delicious.
FlyRod
Quote:

I'm happy with the Jack in the Box tacos. I don't need fancy fufu, I just want simple, cheap and delicious

Well, two out of three aint bad I guess...

ANYWAY, Taco Crave is ok...not bad, not blow you away. I suspect the biggest complaint people will have is that the tacos are quite small. I tried what they call "crave meat" and it was pretty good actually.
JM13
Didn't try it yet, but based on the pics I saw on KBTX, they look plain
halibut sinclair
Their Spring, TX location has 4.5 stars on Yelp. I'm going to judge for myself.
KidDoc
AG
I'll try it someday but going to be hard to dethrone Mad Taco for me.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jinx
They look like plain jane Mexican Street Tacos and that's exactly what I've been looking for. Can't wait to try the arroz con leche and horchata too
Aggie
AG
MonkIsMyHero said:

Too many taco places. .

AggiePirate
AG
MonkIsMyHero said:

Too many taco places.
AggiePirate
AG
Aggie said:

MonkIsMyHero said:

Too many taco places. .

michellecan
You know who wasn't the first to review! He's a slacker these days!
Counterpoint
AG
MonkIsMyHero said:

Too many taco places. I'm happy with the Jack in the Box tacos. I don't need fancy fufu, I just want simple, cheap and delicious.
Man, I can handle any taco EXCEPT Jack in the Box. I'll admit I even like Taco Bell, but I don't understand the love of JITB!
Some Other Guy
Went for lunch yesterday. It was ok, but as others have said, not too spectacular. There's about 8-10 different meat options including a spinach and mushroom mix on their menu. You can get these in tacos, burritos, tortas, quesadillas, or a bowl. Add retried or charro beans, rice, cheese, and there you go. No lettuce, tomato, etc options. 2 desserts, arroz con leche and tres leches cake.
The tacos were indeed small, a tortilla about the size of a teacup saucer is warmed on a flattop, and a small "ice cream scoop" of meat is placed in the center. The burrito tortillas were large, so I got one of those with chipotle chicken, re fried beans, rice and cheese. I grabbed some sour cream and sauce from the area near the drinks (just sour cream, hot, and habanero sauces that I saw). It wasn't bad, I enjoyed it. Though I'd wait and either go right when they open at 11a, or after the lunch rush. The line was long the whole time I was there, and slow to move.
I like seeing new places in town, but I'm not sure it will last with a limited menu. Perhaps if they opened up for breakfast as well, though really there's already plenty of places in town that have similar food.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.