Gunshots in Bryan?

2,777 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CTGilley
JerBu1337
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone hear a couple dozen gunshots in Bryan by Villa Maria and Texas Ave just before 8 AM? I haven't seen anything on twitter or Facebook.
cslifer
I did, went on for a couple of minutes.
DBSwooper
Perhaps it was fireworks by someone celebrating the hard won and widely celebrated victory over the British in New Orleans?

It used to be celebrated sort of like the 4th of July and maybe someone in Bryan knows their history.
CTGilley
AG
We heard it at WJB and 6. I don't think it was fireworks. I heard the distinct low thuds of impacts. I am not 100% but being heard over that kind of distance makes it hard to believe it was anything other than gun fire.
TJJackson
My MIL was so freaked out she hid in the bathroom. I couldn't believe it. I live over near chicken oil and the farm patch. I hear random gunshots monthly.
Thisguy1
I used to work at Bryan Municipal and we had to water the course at night. It wasn't uncommon to hear gunshots while we were out there in the late hours of the night.

We had the Bryan PD dispatch number on our dry erase board in the shop.
JB!98
AG
Thisguy1 said:

I used to work at Bryan Municipal and we had to water the course at night. It wasn't uncommon to hear gunshots while we were out there in the late hours of the night.

We had the Bryan PD dispatch number on our dry erase board in the shop.
Worked there from 94-97. Watered and fished balls out of the lakes. Common to run up on people at all hours of the night while watering. Almost shot a guy sleeping on the bench on #10. Fun times were had by all!
CTGilley
AG
A few shots are one thing. This was a mag dump or two. Long and close enough to where I was worried about needing to return fire.
My theory was some one got a new gun and wanted to pop off a few rounds.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.