Restaurant with good fajitas in BCS?

8,847 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AggiePhil
Picadillo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agree Ninfa's has the best fajitas IMHO.

Lupe's has good food and it's a great restaurant, and we go there frequently, but their beef fajitas taste like some "gringo" concoction. Their chicken fajitas are very good.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Los cucos knock off el tiempo setup ain't bad.

Service there is usually poor but they have cheap drinks.
jja79
AG
mazag08 said:

Mexican and Tex Mex in BCS sucks.

Make the drive to Houston and go to El Tiempo or Escalantes.

I think BCS has some great local, hole in the wall Tex Mex/Mexican. The chains you mention are pretty underwhelming to me.
australopithecus robustus
El tiempo and Escalantes aren't chains. They are both also way better than any Latin cuisine in BCS, be it authentic Mexican, Tex Mex or anything else Latin.
DBSwooper
Jessie's Taqueria.

Everyone naming chains are way off.
jja79
AG
They're chains.

I'd be curious to hear where you go for Tex Mex or Mexican in BCS if you consider El Tiempo and Escalante's good.
firefly1204
Sol de Mexico

Ninfa's ala Barry

Or go to Caldwell to Mas Fajita's for the "Caldwell Special"
Rasslin Cheesehead
AG
La Casita in Navasota is my favorite fajitas. Nothing else even close in BCS
gettingitdone
If we don't cook them ourselves, we really enjoy the ones from Rosa's. Maybe it is the warm tortillas that make them taste so good. Believe it or not, we were treated to a birthday dinner last Monday at Ozona and it was buffet style fajitas. The beef ones were really good. I was pleasantly surprised.
techno-ag
AG
KidDoc said:

I have found that kroger has a nice sirloin steak fajita that has a good marinade that I like, but that is not what you wanted to hear.

We like the ones from HEB. I always get compliments when I grill them.
o.O
Rasslin Cheesehead said:

La Casita in Navasota is my favorite fajitas. Nothing else even close in BCS
They also have quite a few options other than just plain fajitas. If you have a party of 2 or more order the Explosiva. Flaming Queso - Beef - chicken - pork shortribs - pork chops - shrimp.

The only thing bad on the plate is the premade frozen then fried jalapeno poppers.

australopithecus robustus
No they aren't chains. They are multi unit independents. Escalantes being the better of the two
michellecan
+ 1 for Jesse's Taqueria
AgTrip
aggiepaintrain said:

If only we had a Pappasitos....
I guess it saves me me atleast $100 month.
I would live there.
The Pappas are missing the mark big time
If you go to Houston to eat at Pappasito's, I recommend you try El Tiempo next time. I was like you and would hit Pappasitos every time we went to town but never again. Friend of mine took me to El Tiempo. They have a beef tenderloin fajita that melt in your mouth! Give it a try next time. You won't be disappointed.
stinkerbelle
La Botana on Boonville Road have some fairly decent Beef Fajitas and are actually quite cheap compared to other places. We almost always take some home.
nwspmp
My favorite is typically La Familia these days. At one point, I liked Casa Rod, but a few years ago they started cheaping out on the meat, and you could tell that the quality of the cut had gone down, and was continuing to do so. Papa Perez is average at best to me, and I live two blocks from Jesse's and have been there twice and been underwhelmed each time (especially after all the love they get here).

For chains, Chuy's has been pretty good to the wife and I and we've been to Abuelos more lately, though if it's just me, I'll go to Rosas. Lupe... Well, i know why they're very tasting of lime (right before it's sent out, they douse it in lime juice) and I'd agree on the saltiness; it's the second saltiest fajitas I've ever had.

aggiepaintrain
AG
will do, thx!
jja79
AG
At what point does a multi unit become a chain? I think it's semantics.

TXAG 05
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

No they aren't chains. They are multi unit independents. Escalantes being the better of the two

Escalates is terrible. El Tiempo is good but really expensive.
deh40
AG
Have eaten fajitas at Escalantes several times and they have always been good. Will have to give El Tiempo a try.
AustinCountyAg
Los cucos!!!! For a chain they are consistent and good. I've eaten at most all of them and all are good quality. Love their tortillas! Beef fajitas got good flavor.

My family's favorite Mexican place
DayTrip
Taqueria dos Hermanos has a truck that appears randomly in the evening in Bryan, they sell fajitas by the taco. Tortilla, fajita, onion, cilantro, and lime. $2 each. Comes in taco, burrito, or quesadilla format. Red sauce, green sauce, and salt come in the bag.
Taqueria El Tio off of MLK and Bryan Ave. Helps if you speak spanish or at least know the words for corn or flour tortilla plus onions and cilantro. Randomly closed during lunch hours. The woman who runs the stand will do her best to help you in english when possible.
tb9665
I know that it is in Houston. But,Molina's is great.
malibu9in1
I've gotten a few fajita tacos from stripes over here on s college. I think they are veeery good. Tortillas have the flour on themand all.
AggiePhil
AG
Where is Fajitas On Wheels?
musicforall
Jose's on Texas Ave. does a good job with old style fajitas. The waiter will warn you that they are not the chain restaurant style.
AggiePhil
AG
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.