Restaurant with good fajitas in BCS?

8,841 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AggiePhil
kevmiller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Most time I just cook em myself but have yet find restaurant in BCS with really good beef fajitas.

We went to lupe tortilla last night... Was maybe the 4th or 5th time we have ever been there. I have never gotten fajitas because a buddy mine told me they were terrible... But I ordered them last night. Good grief maybe the worst meal at a restaurant I have ever had.
Paper thin tortillas that were burrito tortillas not fajitas. The meat... Well if I ever want burnt well done cube steak doused in salt for fajitas I know where to go.

Plenty of great Tex-Mex places in BCS for tacos, enchiladas, breakfast tacos etc... But still looking for a joint with decent beef fajitas.
4lilmonkeys
Papa Perez is our go-to. We use them for catering a lot at work too.
Kitten With A Whip
Rosa's Cafe and Tortilla Factory has some pretty damn good beef fajitas. Don't bother with the chicken or really anything else, but the beef fajitas will make you happy! The tortilla's are great, as well. And the cake. Their cakes are goooood!
Aggie
AG
Agree 100% on lupes.
Their fajitas are absolutely terrible. Nearly fell outta my chair laughing after I had them the one and only time and then noticed they advertise them as " world famous fajitas"

malibu9in1
Kitten With A Whip said:

Rosa's Cafe and Tortilla Factory has some pretty damn good beef fajitas. Don't bother with the chicken or really anything else, but the beef fajitas will make you happy! The tortilla's are great, as well. And the cake. Their cakes are goooood!

Rosas have very good flavor. But a bit tough. Tortillas are very good too. Casa rod has good Tex mex fajitas.
AggieJason
AG
Aggie said:

Agree 100% on lupes.
Their fajitas are absolutely terrible. Nearly fell outta my chair laughing after I had them the one and only time and then noticed they advertise them as " world famous fajitas"

Not to mention they charge out the @zz for them, to boot.
Aggie
AG
4lilmonkeys said:

Papa Perez is our go-to. We use them for catering a lot at work too.

See I think papa Perez fits into the OP's category of a place that has good traditional TexMex such as enchiladas, Tacos, chimichangas and so on, however fajitas at Papa Perez are just meh.

Pappasitos has great beef fajitas.
Overpriced but very good
Kitten With A Whip
malibu9in1 said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

Rosas have very good flavor. But a bit tough. Tortillas are very good too. Casa rod has good Tex mex fajitas.
That's true. They can be hit and miss on tenderness.
4lilmonkeys
That's fair. I was just going more in the not a chain direction and unfortunately their aren't a ton of great choices here. People also seem to like Casa Rod, but I think they're kinda meh. Never had them at Chuy's or Abuelos. I can't really think of anywhere else.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
malibu9in1 said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

completely agree with this. very very good flavor, but sometimes very hard to chew or break apart (the beef).
biobioprof
I like the fajitas at Ninfas...

But I've usually had at least one Ninfarita first so my judgement may be questionable.

I also haven't been in a while. Went much more when they were on Harvey years ago.
Average Joe
AG
I miss Cazadores. Not the best ever but they were always really good.
nashvilleaggie11
Nina's and Chuy's. I am a fajita lover and these are the best I've found. Went to Casa Rod the other week and as much as I want to support them, the chicken was SO dry and bland. Not good at all.
kevmiller
nashvilleaggie11 said:

Nina's and Chuy's. I am a fajita lover and these are the best I've found. Went to Casa Rod the other week and as much as I want to support them, the chicken was SO dry and bland. Not good at all.

Chicken Fajitas
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Ninfa's ala Barry. Non-traditional cooked in heavy butter and Marsala wine sauce. The wife and I love em.
nashvilleaggie11
You want good beef fajitas? Go to the Michocana and get the "Fajitas Marinada" and make it yo self!
carpe vinum
AG
Fonzie Scheme said:

Ninfa's ala Barry. Non-traditional cooked in heavy butter and Marsala wine sauce. The wife and I love em.
Talmbout. That ala Barry is the best fajitas we've ever had, slap yo mama good.
Though I think it's more of a pachuga sauce. Either way, it's awesome.
For several years we ordered it off menu when they were on Harvey.
They put it on the menu the past few years.
Muzzleblast
Rio Rancho in Madisonville.

Not BCS but good food.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Ninfas
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
papa perez doesnt even understand what mexican food is and their attempts at it remind me of a white middle aged housewife from Minnesota
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Abuelo's has some good fajitas. Of course, I love pretty much everything there.

Agree on Lupe's. We had them once after they opened and all I tasted was an overabundance of salt and lime.
biobioprof
carpe vinum said:

Fonzie Scheme said:

Talmbout. That ala Barry is the best fajitas we've ever had, slap yo mama good.
Though I think it's more of a pachuga sauce. Either way, it's awesome.
For several years we ordered it off menu when they were on Harvey.
They put it on the menu the past few years.
Ever have the fajitas at Ninfas ala Durango? Bacon, tomatoes, and jalapeos. I used to get that with the carnitas.
malibu9in1
I was told pappasitos puts their fajitas in a tumbler to get them so tender. It beats their meat sort of speak with a maranade.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Fajitas have changed too much over the years. They all taste like stew now. I want the old style.
Roc96
AG
Ninfa's, with the Chihuahua toppings!
KidDoc
AG
malibu9in1 said:

I was told pappasitos puts their fajitas in a tumbler to get them so tender. It beats their meat sort of speak with a maranade.
I read a while back while trying to copy their recipe that they use some kind of pressure tumbler to marinade and soften the beef. They are amazing however they do it.

I haven't found a good fajita in BCS thus far largely because they are insanely overpriced everywhere. For a very simple meal made from a cheap cut of beef they cost 2x more than a solid steak burrito. It makes no sense.

I have found that kroger has a nice sirloin steak fajita that has a good marinade that I like, but that is not what you wanted to hear.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mazag08
AG
Mexican and Tex Mex in BCS sucks.

Make the drive to Houston and go to El Tiempo or Escalantes.
Justified
Is that the one on the square or by tractor supply?
EliteElectric
Pappa Perez
malibu9in1
El sol is very good Mexican. Not Tex mex. el tio is great too. With or without alcohol. Burgers, BBQ, Mexican food. Too many opinions to say which is better than the other.
mgreen
Odd OP. I love Lupe fajitas. I have a Hispanic friend who comes in every year and that is the only place he wants to go because of the quality to their fajitas.
Muzzleblast
Between WalMart and Tractor Supply.
aggiepaintrain
AG
If only we had a Pappasitos....
I guess it saves me me atleast $100 month.
I would live there.
The Pappas are missing the mark big time
carodz
AG
https://imgur.com/a/ppPHf
MemphisAg1
AG
mgreen said:

Odd OP. I love Lupe fajitas. I have a Hispanic friend who comes in every year and that is the only place he wants to go because of the quality to their fajitas.
Same here. My whole family prefers Lupe's over other BCS Mexican restaurants.

Guess it shows there's a wide variety of personal preference for Mexican food.

Just because somebody says it is/isn't good doesn't make it so.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.