KBTX morning news

11,274 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Frio Cielo
Frio Cielo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone not check the spelling on the graphics that they broadcast?

Most every morning there are two or more misspellings. Just a hint, the word accident does not begin with the letters "Ax."

Between that and the use of "Yea" and "Cool" in every four or five sentences, it is difficult to watch.

armymom
I can no longer watch their giggling and nonsense. No disrespect, I'm sure they are very nice, good people but that's not how I want to see my news presented. I have resorted to Waco morning news.
oklaunion
Don't forget 'very cool'.
75AG
AG
The station is a starting point for aspiring broadcasters. They're young, inexperienced, and at this time slot, probably have little, if any, oversight.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

I can no longer watch their giggling and nonsense.
It has infested all morning shows. Ever tried to watch the Today Show or GMA? I guess its what stay at home moms want to see.
FlyRod
Hard to get more annoying then the Infomaniacs. I'll have to tune in KBTX and see if that's the case.
cz308
Hate their morning news people. We turn it on while we are getting ready for work in the mornings, but only for the weather. If we miss it, we just hit rewind on the remote.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
If you're only watching TV for the weather you can get it much faster through an app.
cz308
Fonzie Scheme said:

If you're only watching TV for the weather you can get it much faster through an app.
It's more noise than anything.
Post removed:
by user
ksp
Slocum on a mobile said:

Quote:

The station is a starting point for aspiring broadcasters. They're young, inexperienced, and at this time slot, probably have little, if any, oversight.
Cue Mike Wright saying he was out of town on vacation.

Very cool!
Buford T. Justice
AG
armymom said:

I can no longer watch their giggling and nonsense. No disrespect, I'm sure they are very nice, good people but that's not how I want to see my news presented. I have resorted to Waco morning news.

Me as well.
I watch KWTX and then CBS This Morning.
Rapier108
Slocum on a mobile said:

Quote:

Cue Mike Wright saying he was out of town on vacation.
More likely he'll do a "Wright Response" where he will call out the OP by name. Wouldn't be the first time he has done that when someone criticized KBTX. He is extremely petulant when anyone dares to criticize KBTX.
InMyOpinion
Fonzie Scheme said:

If you're watching KBTX for the weather/news you can get it much faster online.

FIFY
Frio Cielo
AGnCS said:

Quote:

I can no longer watch their giggling and nonsense.
It has infested all morning shows. Ever tried to watch the Today Show or GMA? I guess its what stay at home moms want to see.

Could be, I don't watch past 7am. I am talking about the 5:30am to 7am news show.

The Waco Channel 6 news show that begins at 5am is very professional and a huge difference from the KBTX news show. The Waco news has older newscasters that have been there for a number of years.

The local channel needs one older person with two twenty to thirty year olds. When Barbara Smith was there it was very professional. It isn't terrible, but they need some mentoring and coaching.
75AG
AG
Watch Morning Joe, then the first 20 minutes of CBS morning news. That's all you need!
originaltexan
You have to appreciate the "Applause." Then the funny story that follows.

Be sure to turn off quickly because Charlie Rose comes on with the CBS morning show.
mgreen
Not a bbig fan of the mommy and me segment but I keep watching.
jimmyb
Quote:

More likely he'll do a "Wright Response" where he will call out the OP by name. Wouldn't be the first time he has done that when someone criticized KBTX. He is extremely petulant when anyone dares to criticize KBTX.

Funny, I have seen at least 3 'responses' (recently) to unformed rants about weather inaccuracies and biased reporting. And no, he doesn't call them out by name. He uses initials. And even tries to communicate with the people in person where they provide contact info. The Wright responses are also online.

One that specifically comes to mind - http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Wright-Response-December-1-2016-404119186.html
oklaunion
I find it amusing that MWr makes public a personal email to the station with no chance of a follow-up by the 'offender'. This, after he began disallowing ANY public comment on the KBTX website a few years back.
jimmyb
Quote:

with no chance of a follow-up by the 'offender'.

So he's even got the post office in on the conspiracy and they wont deliver mail from these individuals?

Wow...

And no its not personal. They made their sentiments known by bringing them to his attention.
75AG
AG
What' the old saying about arguing with a newspaper: "You never argue with someone who buys ink by the barrel." I guess the same could be true for the guy who runs the TV station.

However, judging by the number of PSAs that KBTX runs during their news, they may be running out of advertisers to pay for that "ink". If it wasn't for Repo Joe and Allen Honda, they'd probably be airing Wheel of Fortune reruns at 6 and 10.
oklaunion
My spouse brought that up recently. "Why does a TV station run ads about themselves 2-3 times during their own news broadcast"? I guess cause no one else is paying for ads.
DR King
jimmyb said:

Quote:

Funny, I have seen at least 3 'responses' (recently) to unformed rants about weather inaccuracies and biased reporting. And no, he doesn't call them out by name. He uses initials. And even tries to communicate with the people in person where they provide contact info. The Wright responses are also online.

One that specifically comes to mind - http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Wright-Response-December-1-2016-404119186.html

Nice link.. I thought he was John Podesta from HRC 2016 at 1st.

welborn
I watch them and I'll give them a pass. We all had to start somewhere and these are young folks trying to break in to the business.

They're handcuffed to what they get to report and frankly, there's not a ton of "real news" to report here, thus you get the segments with Christopher and Applause, high school spot light, etc.

I have to change it at 7 though because the sound of Charlie Rose and those two women telling me about my "world..........in 90 seconds" drives me nucking futs.
Rapier108
DR King said:

jimmyb said:

Quote:

As oklaunion mentioned, right about the time that MW ditched the comment section on KBTX (there were two big reasons behind this) he read a letter from a jerk who was the site's resident bully and e-thug. The letter personally attacked another commenter and MW used her name on the air.

They ditched the comment section because they were tired of people always pointing out inaccuracies/misspellings/bad grammar in stories they produced themselves. They also were tired of dealing with a couple of posters, one of whom actually would visit the station to rant about other posters because in his words, "the Internet is serious business."
kraut
AG

Quote:

They ditched the comment section because they were tired of people always pointing out inaccuracies/misspellings/bad grammar in stories they produced themselves. They also were tired of dealing with a couple of posters, one of whom actually would visit the station to rant about other posters because in his words, "the Internet is serious business."
I wonder what their texags handle is....
Rapier108
kraut said:

Quote:

I wonder what their texags handle is....
I don't think they post here, TexAgs wouldn't tolerate the stuff KBTX did like threatening to kill Gov. Perry, or threatening to "dox" other posters.
MR. Howell
KBTX has the wrong reports, to much for me.
FlyRod
Naive and optimistic as I am, I keep hoping that as the community grows our local media will get better. Right now, KBTX is the very essence of amateur hour with an unhealthy dash of TMZ-style sensationalism. I'm glad I stopped paying attention to it some time ago. This thread is a nice healthy reminder to continue doing so.
Post removed:
by user
Stupe
S
Reporting the two A&M faculty getting arrested for PI is another example of how bush league they are. People get arrested for that every weekend but since they work at A&M, let's plaster their names all over the news.

The news media is a joke.
Post removed:
by user
halibut sinclair
75AG said:

However, judging by the number of PSAs that KBTX runs during their news, they may be running out of advertisers to pay for that "ink". If it wasn't for Repo Joe and Allen Honda, they'd probably be airing Wheel of Fortune reruns at 6 and 10.

At the beginning of the year, all tv and radio stations are running a lot of PSA'S until advertisers decide on media buys for their new annual budgets.
Look Out Below
AG

Quote:

Reporting the two A&M faculty getting arrested for PI is another example of how bush league they are. People get arrested for that every weekend but since they work at A&M, let's plaster their names all over the news.
They are in leadership positions at A&M and beyond old enough to know better. There was reportedly also destruction of property involved. This wasn't a simple PI. Perhaps I'm cruel but I also thought the man's mugshot was somewhat comical. They'd be stupid NOT to run that story. The profs are lucky that didn't go viral.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.