To the kids of my trampoline thief...

4,497 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Roc96
Roc96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I at least hope the kids enjoy it as much as mine used to.

PS3D
A whole giant trampoline? OP, you're too kind; if you wrote something along the lines of "I hope you fall and break your necks", I probably would've given you a star, even if it was edited by staff later.
Muzzleblast
I'm shocked they'd work that hard.

Detestable.
momlaw
AG
Thinking to disassemble and haul off would take quite a window of time. Who knew you would be away for that long at a specific time?

Let CSPD know.
Oogway
This is so sad. I am so sorry that someone did this to your family. I hope they suffer remorse and atone for their behavior. No matter how cynical I get sometimes, I always hope.
AggiePlaya
AG
What the he'll, that's pathetic
Kendall Rogers
AG
I would check with the neighbors to see if anyone has video cameras of their front yards and perhaps get videos of the culprits.

Also if you are that close to the school, I would check with the school to see of they have videos.
Roc96
AG
Thanks, all of you for the advice. We have a large lot, with significant space outside the backyard, and that's where it was set-up. Indeed, they would have had to disassemble it first. Since we don't go out there everyday, I'm guessing it was done yesterday, Christmas Eve, while we were visiting family in East Texas. We just noticed it today, raking leaves.

If someone is desperate enough to steal a fourteen-foot trampoline, I'm sure their kids will enjoy it, and may need an outdoor activity that doesn't cause trouble. That's how I'm going to think of it, anyway.
TAMU1990
AG
Merry Christmas???
Scruffy
AG
Your home insurance thanks them.
BigBubba
AG
Did you have it strapped down to the ground? If not, did you look around to make sure it did not blow away with all the wind? I have known this to happen to several people.
BigBubba said:

Did you have it strapped down to the ground? If not, did you look around to make sure it did not blow away with all the wind? I have known this to happen to several people.

Roc96
AG
BigBubba said:

Yes, I did check the area.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Brutal
Aston04
AG
May be time to review your home security precautions.. if they are willing to take a giant trampoline, what else may they come back for when they think you're not home?
W
AG
sorry to hear about the loss.

something this brazen (such a large item and the time involved to disassemble) kind of sounds like an inside job ---- a dishonest neighbor or someone else on the block
Frio Cielo
Scruffy said:

I bet the deductible is far more than a used trampoline would be worth.
Scruffy
AG
Frio Cielo said:

Scruffy said:

I bet the deductible is far more than a used trampoline would be worth.

To replace? Probably.

I just meant now there is one source of risk gone. Less chance of broken bones or other injury. So they are happier at the lowered chance of having to pay out a claim.
motherrunnersBCS
So . . . what color was this trampoline?
Roc96
AG
Black mat, and the frame was the standard silver pipe. No nets or spring cover pad.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.