Frontier Communications

5,337 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 91_Aggie
C Loves L
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone ever used this company? We currently have them for our wireless internet and home phone.

They're are by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. We've tried cancelling service and they claim they put the information for it and we continue to get bills. We initially wanted unlimited long distance, made that very clear to them. Then the $400+ bill came in.

When you call, getting a supervisor on the phone is literally impossible. They put you on hold and never return. We've called about our bill and they submit paper work to be approved so that charges are taken care of. Then a bill comes in with late fees.

Tonight makes the 3rd time we have contacted their corporate office.

This company is a complete and total nightmare!
dubi
AG
Send them a certified letter cancelling service.
carpe vinum
AG
I fired Verizon years ago because they were idiots.
Sounds like the new bunch is even worse.
Suddenlink is pretty good, but their rates are ridiculous.
Pick your poison, and remember the elected officials sign off on the Suddenlink franchise rights next time you are voting.
Tailgate88
AG
We have had the exact same experience. I am about to send my second certified letter. Horrible customer service.
91_Aggie
AG
Cancelled my service on Sept 15th of this year. Since then they have sent me 3 snail-mailed statements showing a balance of -41$

Called them last night and they said they mailed it on Dec 6th
ratfacemcdougal
Fought with them from the time they took over to November. Never had more than 2 months of the same bill. Constantly overbilled, was double and triple charged for add on taxes and fees. Talked with more people than I can count. Never increased internet speed as promised. Sent complaint to the state public utility commission...after one month the state response was I had fios and I had to talk to the FCC. I did not have fios, fios was not available, and frontier did not provide fios. (looks like they found a loophole around the puc). Supposedly had a two year contract, which I believe was invalid because they did not meet the terms of the contract....finally talked to a lady in the customer retention department that got special approval for my release with no penalty. Abbreviated story, but about the 100th time I have told it. Where is Marvin Zindler (RIP)
boysmom
They are the worst. We have had so much trouble with our internet down since they took over for Verizon. Last month they charged me for a technician coming out and installing internet. We have had internet since we bought the house 5 years ago. And a technician did not come into our home. I have been fighting that charge for a month now. Anxious to see if it is taken off next bill. I sit we had another option where we live.
befitter
I only thought Verizon was bad. Then came Frontier.
NellCote71
When I switched to SuddenLink, I told the rep I wanted no hassle and for SL to deal with Fontier. The transition was seamless and I even get a small refund from Frontier. I find it unbelievable that in a Tier 1 university town, we are subjected to such poor internet service.
meinkee
We have their phone service. thus far no billing issues. Required repair service both at our hone and shop. In both instances,quick,personal efficient service.
DayTrip
TAMU may be a Tier 1 University however our entire area is still classified as rural for most major service providers in the internet game.
techno-ag
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

Where is Marvin Zindler (RIP)
Eyewitness News! Slime in the ice Machine!

Good times, good times.
gatormom07
We have Frontier & would like to switch. Any suggestions for a different Internet provider?
BrazosWifi
If you are in the country, we can likely serve you.

In town, wirestar or suddenlink.

Good luck!
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Just curious, but does Frontier have a physical office location? I would show up there with my bill and tell them I'm not leaving until it's taken care of. At least we know where Suddenlink's offices are if given the runaround on the phone.
91_Aggie
AG
I finally got my refund from Frontier... 3 and a half months after cancelling I got my $40 in the form of Citi Debit card.

Read the small print and found out I could transfer the entire amount from the card into my checking account with no fees.

Was planning to buy something with it for 10 cents and use the cash back option for the remainder until I read you can't use the Cash Back option with it.

Glad to be done with Frontier.
AggiePirate
AG
91_Aggie said:

I finally got my refund from Frontier... 3 and a half months after cancelling I got my $40 in the form of Citi Debit card.

Read the small print and found out I could transfer the entire amount from the card into my checking account with no fees.

Was planning to buy something with it for 10 cents and use the cash back option for the remainder until I read you can't use the Cash Back option with it.

Glad to be done with Frontier.
Amazed you got your money. Well done!
AgySkeet06
AG
I've not had any problems with Frontier. I had a seemless transition from Verizon to Frontier when they took over. With verizon i was paying for "up to 15mbps" internet but only averaging like 5-8mbps. About a month after Frontier took over I'm averaging 12-15mbps internet so consistently higher speeds. Over the late summer had a lightening strike in the yard that messed up my verizon router. Called frontier and they had a service guy at the house the next afternoon checking the phone line and installing new frontier router-at no charge.

Like i said no problems with frontier and always surprised to hear people complaining about them.
Roc96
AG
This company is running an ad on the bottom of this web page on my mobile. Ironic.
AggiePirate
AG
AgySkeet06 said:

I've not had any problems with Frontier. I had a seemless transition from Verizon to Frontier when they took over. With verizon i was paying for "up to 15mbps" internet but only averaging like 5-8mbps. About a month after Frontier took over I'm averaging 12-15mbps internet so consistently higher speeds. Over the late summer had a lightening strike in the yard that messed up my verizon router. Called frontier and they had a service guy at the house the next afternoon checking the phone line and installing new frontier router-at no charge.

Like i said no problems with frontier and always surprised to hear people complaining about them.
So at least one person has benefited from the buyout.
redchapterjubilee
We just finally gave up on Frontier DSL and went cable for internet. Got tired of it being down so often. Now I can hate Suddenlink instead.
75AG
AG
redchapterjubilee said:

We just finally gave up on Frontier DSL and went cable for internet. Got tired of it being down so often. Now I can hate Suddenlink instead.
For internet, we had SL's fastest speed with zero problems. Waiting for them to show up in Duck Haven.
91_Aggie
AG
redchapterjubilee said:

fyi... I switched in September from Frontier to suddenlink... I have had no problems at all since the switch... whereas with Frontier I was resetting my router every 2 days.
HRGuy
AG
Made the switch from Frontier DSL to Suddenlink 200 MB. For an extra $20 per month there is no comparison
Speed test improved by a factor of 30.

Cancelled Frontier and was given a disconnect number and told to expect a credit since I had just paid the bill. The next week, got a bill and a late fee.

It is time to put the chairs in the wagon
91_Aggie
AG
You won't get a credit for at least 90 days. And it will come in the former of a debit card. Read the options when you get the card. You can have the balance transferred to your checking account for free.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.