Wirestar fiber optic internet service

3,525 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgProgrammer
rrtodds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like Wirestar is bringing fiber optic internet service to parts of South College Station. Anyone have their fiber optic service already - or have any plans to change over? TIA
deh40
AG
rrtodds said:

Looks like Wirestar is bringing fiber optic internet service to parts of South College Station. Anyone have their fiber optic service already - or have any plans to change over? TIA
What parts is south College Station?
thefarcus
I've had their copper service for a few years and it's been great. FWIW my buddy lives in a set of townhomes that has their fiber and he's been pretty happy with the no data caps.
Average Joe
AG
Are those the townhomes by The Barracks?
carpe vinum
AG
Where do I sign?
Nothing would make me happier than to tell SuddenStink to eff yoooooooou.
KidDoc
AG
I've been very happy with my unlimited fiber with Suddenlink. Would not consider a change unless the price is dramatically better. Suddenlink is costly it is ~$130 a month for my current service.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgProgrammer
AG
That's not fiber. Though I can agree that we have not had a single issue with Suddenlink in probably 3-4 years.
KidDoc
AG
Their gigabit service is not fiber? I thought only fiber could handle the 1,000 Mbit/sec?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gigem314
AG
Quote:

What parts is south College Station?
I'm curious too.

Whenever I've looked at their site, it says they don't cover our area. Is that changing?
BrazosWifi
KidDoc said:

Their gigabit service is not fiber? I thought only fiber could handle the 1,000 Mbit/sec?

Suddenlink gig service is just docsis 3.1 cable modem service.

Edit: The service is still good. Just not fiber good.
Stucco
Wirestar told me this was going to be available in 2 months about 14 months ago. Don't hold your breath.
jrhmc
AG
KidDoc said:

I've been very happy with my unlimited fiber with Suddenlink. Would not consider a change unless the price is dramatically better. Suddenlink is costly it is ~$130 a month for my current service.
What level are you paying for? I have unlimited for ~$79 a month with 200 mbps.
KidDoc
AG
1000mbit unlimited

KidDoc
AG
I'm not sure why my upload is so low this morning /shrug.
AgProgrammer
AG
Because Suddenlink's Gigabit package is actually 1 Gig down and 50Mbit up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.