Jones Creek Development

2,791 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CS78
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thought this warranted a discussion. On the "New Development" for College Station, something was filed for "1720 Harvey Mitchell Parkway South; A Preliminary Plan of 12 lots on approximately 72 acres."

Basically, the plan appears to show the southeast corner of Wellborn and 2818 fully developed, several lots (presumably restaurants), a lake, and a large central lot (presumably a large big-box). Balcones would be added as a stub off of Wellborn, with an eventual extension to Welsh (clipping the parking lot of First Baptist).

I've heard rumors that H-E-B was interested, but it seems like it would cannibalize the Holleman store (and if adding a third H-E-B in College Station to take the pressure off of it was an issue, then why didn't they renovate the former Albertsons?), but I have no idea what the plan actually is here.
Skyler
HEB with gas pumps
Retail/food establishments
Theater, hotel, green space
Balcones extension from Welsh to Wellborn with new signals on Wellborn
Not much guesswork - All public info in development plans

Chazz03
AG
Figured something was happening. They pulled all the livestock and hay out this week
threecatcorner
They're not goimg to get rid of the HEB at Texas and Holleman, are they? It is always packed, and it is the only grocery store left in central to north College Station. Everything else is either in South College Station or in Bryan.
txgardengirl
From what I've heard, this would be a new HEB and not replacing any existing one but providing relief and offering options directly on the path from TAMU to all of the Wellborn area residents
rc_cat
Does this mean yet more traffic/stoplights on 2818 or will it all take place on Wellborn? (yes - I know there's a plan attached - no - I can't understand it well enough to tell.)
Roc96
AG
With all the development over there, it's a good idea. More congestion, yes, but necessary for those residents. I don't think it'll impact the other HEB stores in CS.
CS78
Development and traffic lights were going to happen there at some point. I'll dang sure take a HEB over more overbuilding of apartments.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.