Where can I buy organic mulch?

1,007 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GoneGirl
hungaryforchile
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've been searching here in the B/CS area for organic mulch for the plants in my balcony garden. I'm growing leafy herbs and vegetables--basil, cilantro, collards, arugula, Swiss chard, and some lettuce--though I'd like to find an organic mulch that's "multipurpose," since I'm in an apartment and have limited storage space for gardening implements, and I might like to grow different plants next spring.

I've checked America's Country Store, but they only have non-organic mulch, or mulch that's organic but only suitable for trees and shrubs, and the Producer's Cooperative Extension might have organic mulch, but they didn't mention it on the phone if they did...?

Lowe's and Home Depot don't carry any brands I'd like to use, so where does that leave? Is there any place maybe in Brenham or Navasota with a good selection?

P.S. I'd love to use Dromgoole's Lady Bug Natural Brand, if possible, since I used the soil and the fertilizer and loved the results, but I can't find any place in town that carries his all-purpose mulches, like the Old Barrel 99 mulch (or even the Sweet Southern Tea compost).
Firefighter7
I think I saw organic mulch at Walmart.
GoneGirl
AG
http://twinoakslandfill.com/compost-facility/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.