Small Wood Flooring Project

804 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 75AG
BigBubba
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendation on who to contact about a small wood flooring project?

I have a 11' x 11' office where I want to replace the wood flooring. I want the new flooring to match the existing flooring in the living room. There is a doorway from the living room into the office and I want the new flooring to flow seamlessly into the office. I have half a dozen left over pieces of the living room flooring that I can take into a store to match if needed.

Any recommendations on where to buy this flooring and who to install it? It is typical 3" x 40" planks that were commonly installed in new homes 10 years ago.

I might be willing to even try installing it myself if there is a local store that would give me good tips on how to install it and how to flawlessly connect the living room and office doorway.
QuitTrippin
to match it you will have to find the same planks and then sand and refinish everything that connects to the office.
It's not a small project if you want it to look exactly right

Gerald Johnson Hardwood Refinishing is your guy to make it look original, I'm sure he can source the planks as well
JP76
Is it pre finished ?
How thick is it ?
True wood floor, engineered wood or wood laminate?

Can you post a picture ?

+ 1 for Gerald Johnson

BigBubba
AG
It is engineered hardwood so it can not be sanded. The flooring already has variations in color so I don't think matching "exactly" is a concern. I just need to get the same flooring that has the same variations in color.

75AG
AG
Aggieland Carpet One.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.