What's the deal with the Villa Maria McDonald's?

4,514 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CrazyAgE
Burlington
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Please bring on automated kiosks to this location, and offer the service at the drive-thru.

Horrible customer experience and staff that does not understand, or speak, basic English, not that there's anything wrong with that.
halibut sinclair
Dude - it's McDonald's. Stay far away.
FlyRod
Love people that go to a fast food place staffed by low-wage staff and expect to be treated like Trump. The comedy writes itself.
australopithecus robustus
Imagine how bad it would be without the staff from south of the border. Lazy white kids giving slow service, demanding double the wage and consequently selling you $14 Big Macs!
BCStalk
If you get paid to do a job, you need to do that job to the best of your ability. That being said, if you were at McDonald's, that probably was their best. Sad but welcome to the new America. I would recommend increasing your tolerance for stupidity, it helps.
Cancelled
AG
What did the manager say? /Texags Aggieland
SoTheySay
S
Clearly you have never been to the one at TowerPoint on a weekday after 4:30.
Schrute Farms
Worst McD's in BCS. It's easy to criticize all McD's but they're not all the same. The one next to Stripes on 6/Briarcrest is more professional than many sit down restaurants. The Rock Prairie location can run circles around the Texas/Kroger location.

It's all culture.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Clearly you have never been to the one at TowerPoint at anytime.
FIFY
BigBubba
AG
It's McDonald's, all of them have horrible service! It's a corporate mentality. It has nothing to do with the education level or nationality of the employees or the low wage they are paid. As long as McDonald's the corporation does nothing to require better service then it will always be that way.

Look at Chick-fil-a. Go to any Chick-fil-a and you will get fast and friendly service. I highly doubt they are paying these kids $15 a hour but somehow these "lazy white kids" (as others alluded to) are still giving excellent service. Why is that? Simple, its the Chick-fil-a corporate mentality. Every employee is trained that way and it is 100% an expectation.
montegobay
I disagree that it's all McDonalds. The restaurant on Rock Prairie has excellent service every time we go there. We have lived in the area near there for over 13 years, and we have never had a bad experience there. It's clean, the people are friendly, and it's always fast.
InMyOpinion
Schrute Farms said:

The one next to Stripes on 6/Briarcrest is more professional than many sit down restaurants.

I have to agree, I have been to this one at least 50 times since it opened, both dine in and drive through and only had one issue and the manager addressed it quickly and professionally. Even apologizing a second time the next week when I stopped in.
95_Aggie
AG
tl;dr ... I worked at McD's while in high school/college many years ago.

Fast food places used to be staffed primarily by part time hs/college kids who generally had positive attitudes. Outside of mgmt there were very few "older" folks who depended on their job as full-time income. It seems like this has completely flipped and now there are many folks who work there as their primary source of full time income (hence the calls for benefits and higher minimum wage) and don't seem to be very happy about it.

Obviously CFA makes a concerted effort to hire friendly, service-oriented hs/college kids and keep them happy and focused on customer service.

Fast food places were never meant to be full-time careers with benefits, but I guess the employment situation being what it is, it has become that way. Part time folks with flexible schedules were always preferred over folks who only wanted to work 8-5 M-F.

FlyRod
Likely to get worse too, given the stats on the difficulty of finding work for older folks laid off.

Enjoy your grumpy disgruntled old person with that order of fries.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Even more reason to stay away. Besides its better for your wallet ... and waistline.
FlyRod
Plus there are plenty of grumpy disgruntled old people working at Walmart and HEB...
techno-ag
AG
Agree the McDonald's on 6/Briarcrest is nails. Plus it's on the bypass, easy to get to.
95_Aggie
AG
The HEB I shop at has mostly friendly college students. The disgruntled folks are at Kroger.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
techno-ag said:

Agree the McDonald's on 6/Briarcrest is nails. Plus it's on the bypass, easy to get to.

Can any McDonalds really be nails?
EVA3
AG
When I feel myself getting annoyed with employees of this caliber, I just remind myself that at least they're working. It beats having them sit at home all day smoking and drinking while my tax dollars pay for their rent and groceries.
ro828
McDonald's at Villa Maria and 2818 is amazing. Go in and employees in uniform are lounging around and talking on their phones. We've eaten there a few times and they have never gotten the orders right. Oddly enough, the counter people are as polite and friendly as can be but it's a ship with no captain.
SoTheySay
S
One of the employees at that location (at least within the last year or so) was living in a house without running water. Other strange things but the main point is that it was extremely unsanitary.
australopithecus robustus
Consumers often set their expectations unreasonably high for the type of businesses for which they visit.
Scruffy
AG
The one at Bush and Wellborn is fantastic.
Quick, friendly staff that get the orders correct and out quickly.

I think it depends on the owners and management of each one.
Stupe
S
FlyRod said:

Likely to get worse too, given the stats on the difficulty of finding work for older folks laid off.

That is a load of crap. Those people are usually the ones that are going to work hard and do their best no matter what job they are doing because they have a good work ethic. They might not like the position they are in, but they don't let it change who they are.

Most "bad" employees are people that are angry about where they are but have never put in the effort to improve their position. The sad thing is that they can't see that their attitude about not getting a chance to move up is what is keeping them from getting a chance to move up.
FlyRod
"There's room to move as a fry cook!"
--Repo Man (1984)
BrazosBull
AG
Yep, eliminate a few more jobs. Same as self checkouts. Eliminate a job, you do the work , and the company takes it to the bottom line. Then.... another unemployment insurance claim for the rest of us to pay
CrazyAgE
Was at the one on VM today and went through the driventru and the customer service from start to finish was horrible! (And yes, I will be calling them first thing in the morning)

Anyhow, it took forever for the guy to take my order. Then once at the window, it took even longer to give me change. No problem taking the money from me, but then he started helping the person in the other lane and all I was doing is waiting for my change! I finally have to sit there and wave at him and he finally gave it to me after he was done with that other person. Shouldn't you finish with the person you were helping first (me) before giving your attention to the next person? Then to top it all off, I pull up to the next window for my food and the lady is standing right there reading something on her phone. I literally had to wave at her as well to get her attention. She didn't look to happy that I did that, but I don't give a damn.

I do hope the store manager is there in the morning.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.