Time to make annual call to Suddenlink about billing

2,664 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Allonym
CN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I called and told them I was dropping cable for DirecTV Now. They knocked $30+ off my bill.

henrikk

They will drop TV prices, but I found them to be more reticent to drop the price on internet service. Anyone had any success with getting Suddenlink to drop the cost on broadband service? I do know if I cancel and wait a while and then resubscribe, I get a slight discount. Again, this is internet only --- no TV, phone or any kind of bundle.

Stupe
S
They don't really have any competition when it comes to internet.
InMyOpinion
Thanks for the reminder.
BrazosWifi
Stupe said:

They don't really have any competition when it comes to internet.
Unfortunately, they have a defacto monopoly in town. When there isn't a possibility for ROI, no sane business will go head to head.

It sucks but it is the truth.
basketaggie
AG
I reached out on twitter after I got no where with call centers. They sent me a private message saying they could work with me. Told the guy what my neighbors were being offered and what I wanted, and he set it up for me.
CN
henrikk said:

They will drop TV prices, but I found them to be more reticent to drop the price on internet service. Anyone had any success with getting Suddenlink to drop the cost on broadband service? I do know if I cancel and wait a while and then resubscribe, I get a slight discount. Again, this is internet only --- no TV, phone or any kind of bundle.

I've had success in the past by requesting a downgrade from one tier to the one below it. They knocked $10 off back then by "bundling" (it was a $20 difference between the tiers). I've got the 200Mbps no cap internet and a friend is currently paying more for the next lower tier.

For reference, I'm paying around $135 total for HD cable (I just dropped the sports tier) and 200Mbps internet with no data cap. However, I own several Tivos (with no monthly fees) so I don't have to pay for Suddenlink's cable boxes or DVRs but do have to pay the $2 fee for a cable card.
garyrauser
AG
Are y'all just calling the main phone number to their office? Who do y'all usually talk to? I feel like my bill is way high and could use the extra cash. Thanks in advance.
Tailgate88
AG
garyrauser said:

Are y'all just calling the main phone number to their office? Who do y'all usually talk to? I feel like my bill is way high and could use the extra cash. Thanks in advance.

This works for DirecTV too. Every year after the last game I call and turn off my tailgate receiver and tell them I am switching to Suddenlink because they are so much cheaper. Just got $30 off for the next year. Competition is a good thing!
Allonym
Looking at the "Standard" rates for the service I have I am being over-billed about $18-20 depending on fees. The price should be the price with them, not jacking it up ever so often hoping we don't notice. We compared bills where I work, I have better internet (unlimited) service and a $40 cheaper bill than a colleague and he doesn't have the one TIVO box that I had to get for the package. Another is comparable.

I also note they don't itemize anything with the packages just a total bill making it harder to compare apples to apples with your neighbors.

I find it works well when you go in to the office with their equipment in hand and ask why your bill is higher than the standard rate?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.