Cardiologist

3,185 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Psychag
sunflower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would love to have recommendation for a cardiologist, either here in B/CS or elsewhere. I have an irregular heartbeat and my present doc wants me to have ablation. Need more than one opinion. Thanks!
ZoneClubber
AG
Lane Miller '92 BCS Heart. He's thorough and excellent patient care.
http://www.bcsheart.com/our_doctors_dr_miller.php
agfan1030
I use Lammoglia at BCS Heart. I really like him.
Also, hear good things about Rocky Bilhartz .... also at BCS Heart
atm86
AG
Larsen at BS&W is not that good.
JM13
Dr. Mays
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Miller is pretty good.
samsal75
AG
Curtis Stauffer - Scott and White
Maveric
AG
Rocky Bilhartz at BCS Heart. He has an excellent bedside manner and spent the time to make sure that my wife's concerns were heard and adequately addressed.
classicdoug
AG
Dr. Miller.
agdad01
Dr. Rodney Horton out of Austin with Texas Cardiac Arrythmia, did my wife's 10 years ago and mine last year. They do surgery in Austin but have an office in Bryan.
agfan1030
I had consultation with Dr. Gillinghouse (Texas Cardiac Arrythmia at BCS Heart) two years ago. He was very honest with me and told me (used the reference "if you were my mother" .... guess I just said I am old) he would not recommend ablation for me due to the fact I have been chronic for several years without success to overcome it and I am sure age had something to do with it too. At least he was honest.
AEP Ag
Sunflower, you do not need a general cardiologist. Only electrophysiologists do ablation. In this town there are only two options. Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia comes out of Austin several times a week. That is Drs. Horton, Gallinghouse and Price. Dr. Tom Meade is the other option and he is at Scott and White. Alternatively you can go to Houston (St. Luke's has several good ones).

I personally know all of the above. All are very good at what they do. It requires extra training AFTER being a cardiologist so almost all EP docs will be top notch. Mainly it is the bedside manner/relationship that fits you best.
EBrazosAg
AG
The Austin group is top notch and very well thought of. Concur with AEP - don't waste time with a regular cardiologist. You need a EP doc.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MisterShipWreck
Quote:

Lammoglia at BCS Heart

This. I had chest pains a few months back, and the EKG was abnormal. I went and saw him and did the stress test. Nice doctor.
Tank16
AG
Dr Stauffer at Scott & White. He helped save my husband's life last year. Not only capable, but explains things.
claydeezy
AG
Maveric said:

Rocky Bilhartz at BCS Heart. He has an excellent bedside manner and spent the time to make sure that my wife's concerns were heard and adequately addressed.

Dr. Bilhartz is my cardiologist. Great guy. I highly recommend.
ChampsAg
Dr. Miller is my cardiologist as well. When my condition worsened and I needed the alcohol ablation, he sent me to Leachman Cardiology in Houston. Took great care of me!
Sailor
Lammoglia is my cardiologist. Great doc!
mal93
AG
Dr Tom Meade did my ablation. He was great. He did a great job of explaining the problem. He gave me all of the facts and was supportive of whatever I decided to do. I do have to say that I also go to church with him and I think he is a great man as well as Dr.

I'll also say that my procedure went off without a hitch and haven't had any issues since.
Goose83
AG
Gordon Mitchell
Country Bumpkin 3
Dr Richardo Gutierrez, 979.774.4008
Psychag
AG
2nd Dr. Stauffer. He's my cardiologist. He's direct and to the point, which works best with me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.